Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Horrible Wind Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 12:44 PM
HCCAFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Horrible Wind Noise?

I'm getting ready to replace the front and back door speakers in my 2005 with components and dual amplification. Is there anything I can do while doing this to cut down on the damn wind noise? I really think something is wrong with this truck because it is louder than my SRT-4 going down the highway. Most of the wind noise seems to come in around the back gate but I have never had a leakage problem back there so I think eveything is sealed pretty good. Is everyone elses truck this loud or is it just mine? It's hard to even hold a conversation with someone in the back because of the noise.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:23 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Horrible Wind Noise?

that sounds abnormal. what truck we talking bout here? body style? year? perhaps check to see if doors/windows/hatch are all lined up correctly. you could try deadening around the potential problem areas, and/or replacing the rubber trim. make sure no panels are warped and no bolts are loose. i got a bad whistle noise coming from my vent shades over the windows, but it isnt nearly as bad as you say yours is. but mine is because i had to cut the vent shades and now thees a crevace for air to flow through, and it just happens to make a whistle sound.

Old 01-16-2006, 06:38 PM

Well it's a 2005 4 Door 4x4 regular Blazer. It looks to me like the back window sits up higher than the roofline when you look at the back of the truck. Is that how yours is?

Old 01-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Jman is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there some sort of adjustment that can be made to the rear window.
A vehicle that new should not have wind noise what so ever.

Old 01-17-2006, 12:19 AM

I am not sure if there is an adjustment or not. I am planning on letting the dealer deal with it whenever I can do w/o it for a few days. I'll let ya'll know what happens.

Old 01-17-2006, 03:41 AM

yeah, get it fixed under warranty for sure

Old 01-17-2006, 07:46 PM

Truck is at the dealer now. They actually sent a guy riding with me and he said "yeah I couldn't live with that". So we'll see what they do about it.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:11 AM

thats weird. its been like this since you got it? and you got it brand new? the machine supervisor at GM musta been sleeping on the job that day. lol

Old 01-18-2006, 08:52 AM

No I got it with 12,000 miles on it and noticed it as soon as we took it home. I took it back to the dealer but they wanted to keep it a few days and now is the first time I have had time to let them have it for a while. We'll see what happens.

Old 01-18-2006, 04:55 PM

well good luck

Quick Reply: Horrible Wind Noise?