Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

How do you get your dash and door speakers to sound good?

Old 05-12-2008, 10:23 AM
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do you get your dash and door speakers to sound good?

I have new door and dash speakers and i was wondering how to get them to sound really good. I have a 4 channel installed and they are all wired up to that. But, my 4 channel is only 25w rms x4, and i believe that is at 4 ohms. My rear doors are wired to the rear channels and the dash and front doors are wired to the front channels. I have a US Amps USA-425 amp, do you think i need a bigger 4 channel?? my speakers are alpines in the doors and pioneer in the dash, i think they are 120w rms for the dash and 200w rms for all the doors. Looks as if my 4 channel just doesnt put out enough power, maybe i should get another 4 channel that is like 75w rms x 4, like a US Amps USA-4300 or something. With the amp i have now, is there anyway to increase the sound, to make the voices louder and all that?? thanks.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:26 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How do you get your dash and door speakers to sound good?

so by "good" you mean more volume? more sensative speakers will be louder. A new 4ch will definitely help. I would say an amp that supplies a good solid 100RMS - 175RMS would help you the most.

Old 05-12-2008, 01:28 PM
Starting Member
lionel2 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, no problem. Cause my sub's bass is just overpowering the vocals of my songs, all i hear is the pounding, i mean i like the bass and all that, but at the same volume i would like to hear both the bass and the vocals. It like constant bass hitting and a little bit of vocals, i tried to lower the bass down a notch, it gets better, but it seems as if the speakers need more juice, so i guess i will look into a bigger 4 channel. thanks.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:19 PM
The A Team is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a good 4 chan amp 100x4, and get rid of the Pine. lol
Best bet up front is to do a 6.5 component in the doors with a little work you can fit a 5.2 component in the dash as well.
Put the power to the front stage dont worry about the rear fill it is the first thing that will be over powered by the sub.
And if you dont want to do a 5.2 in the dash Polk makes a very nice component plate speaker setup to replace 4x6s that will drop right in there. These have very good vocals, but you will still need the 6.5s int he doors to fill the lower frequency response.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:28 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point

Dont put anything in the dash... crappy imageing

Old 05-22-2008, 07:10 PM

ORIGINAL: dbleon

Dont put anything in the dash... crappy imageing

You dont like off axis response?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:22 PM

Thats what comps are for bud. Aim them right and you'll never need any other speakers. FTW

Old 05-22-2008, 11:42 PM

haha depends how loud it is man, i will have 6 sets of components in the cabin of my latest project.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:33 AM

I only have one set and i cant even sit in the car with the volume above 3/4... I dont understand how 6 sets could possibly be pleasurable. I dont know about you, but I enjoy listening to music, not noise...

Old 05-27-2008, 03:50 PM

dbleon yours cant be that loud or you just have real sensitive hearing.
I just put the power to my front stage today, now it is loud!!! I have seen kids with 12" subs not as loud as this. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do you get your dash and door speakers to sound good?