Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

How do you get your dash and door speakers to sound good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Big Frost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How do you get your dash and door speakers to sound good?

@The A Team

thats a hell of a setup!!!

whered you get that switch panel if you dont mind me asking...and did you make that center console box yourself? id be willing to pay someone for something like that...

Old 05-27-2008, 04:35 PM
The A Team is an unknown quantity at this point

Man thats only the front stage! Trying to get it all half assed together for a 2x dB Drag event in less then 2 weeks. Pressing ard still havent got my subs yet.
I made all that myself yes.

And the center console isnt finished yet, it will hold my amps. I have to make the rear removable so i can get my loading wall in and out.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:55 PM

thats awesome...

id love to do that kindof stuff...but i dont have acsess to metal or wood working tools..not to mention lack of experiance lol

i wanna do a switch panel like that but i want it in the first hole in the above center console...

Old 05-27-2008, 06:02 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

hehe "front stage"! why do you have a front stage? do you have a rear stage? do you normally attend concerts that have multiple stages all around you with different speaker equipment on each stage?

Old 05-27-2008, 06:11 PM
dbleon is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI you will regret all that when you're a bit older... It is fairly easy to cause sensorineural damage to the cochlea (structure of the inner ear resposible for acoustic conduction). When the small hairlike cells on the cochlea are exposed to soundwaves above ~120 db for any extended period of time they can become rapidly desensitized. Stronger sound waves (around ~150db) can rupture the tympanic membrane (aka eardrum), and cause immediate hearing loss. In my opinion, anything over 100db should be avoided... But its your life, have fun with it.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:22 PM

Lol ya, personally i woulda left out the kick panels, and put maybe 10's (are they? ) in the center console...that woulda been more than enough for me...

but if your doing competition then woohoo!!! id love to hit one of those up just to see the setups they got...

Old 05-27-2008, 07:27 PM
The A Team is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: bobditts

hehe "front stage"! why do you have a front stage? do you have a rear stage? do you normally attend concerts that have multiple stages all around you with different speaker equipment on each stage?
No actually rear stage to speak of. Just alot of subs. Well not so many but a well designed enclosure more so. This truck ends at the B pillars anyways.
Frost the console holds 4 6.5" mids the same ones as in the doors, 5.2" in the kicks. Any of you guys know about Bass Race? In sort its 30 seconds rolling average spl to music, not a peak hold 3 second burp. This is what this truck is built for. Now it is gong in the 159.9 dB class meaning it will be capable once its all done to hold a average spl over 30 seconds of 159 dB to music. Now thats loud, and should burp in the 163 db area. This explains why i need such a powerful front, although witht he subs having +30 dB on the front stage im pretty sure it will still get overpowered quickly. If anything i dont have enough speakers but i dont have anymore room so what do i do? lol

Leon see what i was saying, everyone has differnet idea of what loud is. 100 db sure could be eventually dangerous but at what frequency? Thats the key. Not to many stereos are capable of playing the high freq that are more damaging to hearing above 100 dB. Im not saying lows will not do damage but it takes alot more pressure to do it. I have had a 150 db daily driver, its not news to me what can happen but obviously you dont drive around listening to the stereo all out on any kind of a regular basis. Also this truck is built as a demo/ competition vehicle, not a daily driven vehicle. To do its job i needs to be louder then the next guy and get alot of attention thats it!

Old 05-27-2008, 07:42 PM

ah...that makes sense...

originally iwanted to amp my system up with a 70x4 amp, and then have a few more ready to go on the flip of a switch to kill the competition lol i still may, but moneys kinda tight right now, doin the whole interior...

what kindof speakers are those?

Old 05-27-2008, 08:13 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: dbleon
Stronger sound waves (around ~150db) can rupture the tympanic membrane (aka eardrum), and cause immediate hearing loss. In my opinion, anything over 100db should be avoided... But its your life, have fun with it.
thats why in a 2x-3x db Drag event you cant sit in your vehicle if you over a 140dB.......but anything under 140 is just weak. might as well not have any subs at all.

Old 05-27-2008, 08:21 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

just curious.... whats the point of having a system capable of playing music at ~160db for 30 seconds? Its not like you can actually enjoy the music. Dont get me wrong, I think its great that you are pursuing a competition that you enjoy. Wouldnt you prefer something a little more practical though?

Quick Reply: How do you get your dash and door speakers to sound good?