Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

How do you run your wires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Beginning Member
ChevyRacing88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do you run your wires?

So since its starting to get nice out, i can finally install my system in my blazer. I was just curious how u guys run your wires. My system was in my cavailer almost a year ago but its been sitting in my basement lol unfornunately i dont remmber if my battery is on the left or right side in my cavalier, but i do remmber that i drilled a hole into my drivers side firewall and ran the power wire though it. Is there anything infront of the passenger side firewall that would stop me from running the power wire on that side instead of my driver side since the battery is on the passenger side?? Everything else is gunna be ran under the door frame and into the back..

Old 03-12-2008, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: How do you run your wires?

what year is ur blaze?

apparently there a small rubber grommet on the passenger side fire wallbig enough to fit 1/0, but this probably depends on the year....

for future reference, put your info in your sig

Old 03-12-2008, 06:38 PM
Beginning Member
ChevyRacing88 is an unknown quantity at this point

98 LS 2 Door

Old 03-12-2008, 06:40 PM
BF Veteran

holy crap! fastest response ever lol

Ya, you should have that grommet....someone else here can verify for me......just pull up the carpet and have a look...it should be there.....

Old 03-12-2008, 06:41 PM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can run wire on either side of the truck. Theres a grommet underneath the passenger carpet on the firewall. Its for the antenna but is plenty big enough to run wire. Then you can just pull up the sill plate things and pieces of trim to run the wire under the carpet, the only tricky thing is running it by the b-pillar if you don't want to remove the seatbelt but it can be done with some effort.

^^wow I'm slow! beat me to it

Old 03-12-2008, 07:12 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

For optimal sound quality, you want to run power down one side and signal down the other correct?

Old 03-12-2008, 07:15 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i ran my 8ga and 4ga down the pass side under the trim. i ran 3 pair of RCA's and another "9con" wire the size of a 4ga wire down the drivers side trim.

and yes, like Itown said, the b-pillar can be a PITA. the drivers side b-pillar seemed to be much more difficult than the pass side

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

....someone else here can verify for me......just pull up the carpet and have a look...it should be there.....
My 98 has one

Old 03-12-2008, 10:49 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya i ran my wires down each side and under the sill plates and stuff like mentioned i have a 94 tho so i dont have to worry bout the PITA stuff lol

Old 03-12-2008, 11:08 PM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point

well it helps a ton to move your seat forward as far as it will go then slowly pull the plastic away. You can get it if you try.
and for signal, I always believed that running power and sub rcas wouldn't be a problem. Only no-no was mids and high rca's+power wire???

Old 03-12-2008, 11:46 PM
BF Veteran

Well they say to run power and rca's down opposite sides.....mine are on the same side with no problems...cant promise that for you however....

Quick Reply: How do you run your wires?