Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

How do you run your wires?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 01:37 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: How do you run your wires?

Grommet location, check it out.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:10 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: ltown21

well it helps a ton to move your seat forward as far as it will go then slowly pull the plastic away.
itswill be eveneasier if you just pull the passenger seat. 4 bolts and about 10-15 minutes extra time will give you a lot more room to work around in there and give you easier access to the b pillar.

plus, you have a chance to find all the money that has fallen out of your passengers pockets and it makes a good oppurtunity to vaccuum under the seat.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Starting Member
NoPh33rRaCiNg is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

Well they say to run power and rca's down opposite sides.....mine are on the same side with no problems...cant promise that for you however....
depends on how shielded your RCA's are too, how much noise is able to get in from outside sources so its best to run power on opposite side as rca's

Old 03-15-2008, 04:40 PM
theonetrueapex is an unknown quantity at this point

Just to be on the safe side, I ran my rca's down the passenger side and the power cables down the drivers. All of which was under the trim.

Old 03-15-2008, 06:12 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm, I got the cheapest rca's I could find.....stingers....

Old 03-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Jharper is infamous around these partsJharper is infamous around these parts

i ran my RCA's down the driver side, and power down the passenger side.

Old 03-16-2008, 12:06 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

ORIGINAL: Jharper

i ran my RCA's down the driver side, and power down the passenger side.
X2... seemed like a good idea when I did mine, because the hole where your antenna cable runs through is in the passenger floorboard...

Old 03-16-2008, 01:23 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I tear out my interior when I do a system install, with doing that I run the wires down the center of the vehicle putting rca's on one side and power on the other side of the transmission hump then into the back. After I run all my wires and do a test hookup before putting the interior back in I get out the dynamat and dynamat the floor and whole cab including roof!! This is just how I do my installs on my own rides!!