Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

i need audio help (subs and amps)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Chenzo is on a distinguished road
Default i need audio help (subs and amps)

I have two 12" p2 rockford fosgates. they are 4ohm. they are not in a box yet, but i dont think thats important. im wondering about amps/ recommended power or any suggestions at all. specifically would a us amps md-21 work well? would appreciate any help as soon as possible, i dont want to loose the deal.
http://usamps.com/md_amps.html

Old 11-16-2010, 08:36 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

can i ask why you want a 4 channel amp for 2 subs?

Old 11-17-2010, 06:30 AM

Its just the amp that I my friend is selling so I could get a good deal on it. If you have any recommendations for what I should get then that Would be great.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:11 AM

I was also planning on putting lights that go with them and I knownit has to be after them.to get the voltage. I could use the other two channels for That?

Old 11-17-2010, 11:41 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

I have the same in a rockford box, they came that way, all i'm running is a 4 chan rockford punch 300 amp here are some pics =D
*edit* I cleaned it yesterday, these are just dirty pics

Attached Thumbnails i need audio help (subs and amps)-photo0075.jpg   i need audio help (subs and amps)-photo0076.jpg   i need audio help (subs and amps)-photo0070.jpg   i need audio help (subs and amps)-photo0062.jpg   i need audio help (subs and amps)-photo0068.jpg  

Old 11-17-2010, 12:16 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chenzo
I was also planning on putting lights that go with them and I knownit has to be after them.to get the voltage. I could use the other two channels for That?

what??

are you saying you want to run 2 subs that are single 4 ohm to 2 individual channels on a 4 channel amp, then use the remaining 2 channels and hook up lights to them?

Old 11-17-2010, 06:18 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by blazinloud
what??

are you saying you want to run 2 subs that are single 4 ohm to 2 individual channels on a 4 channel amp, then use the remaining 2 channels and hook up lights to them?
thats my understanding. no idea why you'd do that but ok

Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 PM

OK let me rephrase what I said. I don't know what channels are for, I assumed that it was like the outputs. So if its a 4 channel amp, I Have two subs then I would put each sub on Its own channel? That was my understanding. I want to Have neon lights That flash with the subs, come on when the subs hit. I've been playing with my friends' systems and I know that the lights need to be with the amp to get enough voltage to be visible. This was accomplished by just twisting positive and negative in with the positive and negative on the subs but if there's the extra channels Then those could.be used?. My understanding was that the two subs could be hooked up to the two.channels and the lights on the other. The lights were just an idea, all I'm worried about is the amount of power I need to have my subs sound good. Like how many Watts I need. This is my first system so I'm just picking things up and learning as I go or learning from what people say.
Side note: what is "bridged" on amps?

Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 PM
BF Veteran

ok ready......

4 channel amp.
2 front channels
2 rear channels

so then there are 2 + terminals and 2 - terminals per front/rear

to bridge the channels, you connect one positive to one negative, most amps will tell you which terminals to connect.

i would never plug in anything to an amp other than speakers/subs.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:35 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I always thought that the lights were sound sensitive, like they come on when they hear the sound?

but anyway, i dont know what that amp is rated for but even if its 100rms per channel@4 ohms that still very little power for pretty much all subs. will it work? yes. i would forget the neons, their too tacky.

do it properly with that amp (if you must use it) 2 rear channels running subs and the other 2 channels hook up to your door speakers, done.

Quick Reply: i need audio help (subs and amps)