Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

i need audio help (subs and amps)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 02:20 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

for such a small amp he doesn't need an extra battery. at most he would need to upgrade the big 3 and be pretty set i think

Old 02-07-2011, 09:05 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

the big 3 dosent really do anything significant, id suggest adding a 2nd battery for any setup to do it properly. Cars electicals barely hold up to the stock requirements, not to mention you can safely listen to it with the car off without worry.

Instead of trying to bandaid the problem, you can completely fix it for a little more money and do it right.

Now thats just what i suggest, all the while im running 1 redtop but im planning on buying a newer vehicle soon.

1 redtop
big 3-1awg
200 amp mcr alt
saz1500d-0awg
concept cc-75x2-4awg

I have NO problem hitting 12 volts or lower at idle,(on low notes) but once on the gas its pretty steady.

Last edited by blazinloud; 02-07-2011 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:37 AM
BF Veteran

the reason i suggested just the "big 3" is because that amp doesn't really pull a lot of power. so my "bandaid" is actually a way at helping slight voltage drops. if the OP went with a bigger set up then yeah, go with bigger power supply. thats all i'm saying.

with my 1200 watts i have voltage problems. i'm fused for a possible 180 amps on stock electrical. once it gets warmer i'm doing big 3 and then a battery or 2. not going to spend the money on upgrading the alternator because i'm probably selling the truck after the summer.....

Old 02-08-2011, 09:29 AM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

big 3 helps the blazer pretty significantly, if you use good wire and make sure you get a good ground. I saw a big improvement from doing it.

Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran

at the most, if i were to do it again, id just buy an alt off a wrecked 5.7. you have to be driving highway speeds to really get what you paid for out of most h.o alternators, unless its built for/pullied for h.o at low rpm

just saying if i were to do it again id much rather have 2 batteries and the 105, than 1 and my 200 amp alt.

I didnt notice much, if any change. headlights dim just as much as they did before. our biggest problem is the computer controlled alternator output.

Old 02-09-2011, 07:28 PM
Chenzo is on a distinguished road

nope just replaced the battery cuz mine was out of an old geo prism.. not quite powerfull enough. idk what size is supposed to be there just cuz i havnt looked but i put a new one in and my volts dont drop below the 14 mid mark at idle even when ive got all my lights on. my guess is its probably somewhat bigger.
i tried taking a video of my overall truck.. recording with my phone, the subs sounded terrible cuz they were so low, or something. idk. but heres one of just the system sorry for the not so great song, it just happened to be what was playing =)

EDIT- ok so the link didnt work, anyone wanna explain how to do it? =/

Last edited by Chenzo; 02-09-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:58 PM
BF Veteran

nearly impossible to hold above 14 volts on stock even with a tiny system

if its youtube just copy and paste the address

Old 02-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Chenzo is on a distinguished road

ill take a video of it when i get the chance. the video is on photobucket but ill make a youtube account and put some on there.

so since i dont really "need audio help" anymore.. do i need to do anything with this thread? or since we are still posting in it then just leave it?

Old 02-15-2011, 06:05 PM
BF Veteran

just leave it alone, it'll fade into the thousands of dead threads and eventually be locked and deleted after sitting for a few years. it might end up helping someone else when they get a new setup or you can use this to show your news amps, new subs, head unit.... all that fun stuff

Old 02-15-2011, 07:47 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Chenzo
nope just replaced the battery cuz mine was out of an old geo prism.. not quite powerfull enough. idk what size is supposed to be there just cuz i havnt looked but i put a new one in and my volts dont drop below the 14 mid mark at idle even when ive got all my lights on. my guess is its probably somewhat bigger.
and just how did you measure that?

it sounds like you're going by the dash gauge.

Quick Reply: i need audio help (subs and amps)