Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

i want to install speakers in my door...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 04:31 AM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: i want to install speakers in my door...

"oh dear"

Old 01-22-2008, 07:15 AM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope everything works out!!!

Old 01-22-2008, 11:08 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

like thegr81 said, if there isnt any wiring, you may have to run new wiring to the doors, however, i believe all s-series came with speakers in the front doors. i dont believe there was an option to not have speakers at all. and the 4x6's you linked to are the incorrect size for doors. i believe the 1st gen's had 6 3/4" speakers in the front doors. those clarions ay fit in the dash, i have infinity 4x6's in my dash but i have a 98 instead of a 91..

also, if you end up haveing to run new wires, its the perfect time to install an amp for your speakers

hope your arm heals up nicely, when i was 11, i broke straight through my femur (strongest, hardest-to-break bone) and i was in a cast for 4 months and used crutches for 1 month after that.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:20 AM
dart is an unknown quantity at this point

lol i guess it would be good to install an amp,
but on the older modle t-series there are no speakers, i allready checked, but there is a place to mount them, if they don't fit my doors then they will fit my dash

Old 01-22-2008, 12:01 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

Its easy to do one handed, I got my hand caught in my fan blade on an old car of mine and i was rewiring the thing 2 days later due to a short and fire. Lets just say.....Coat hangers are good for more then hanging clothes *snip*.
Do you have power windows and power locks? if you do then there will be an opening in the door for electrical, if you dont then the opening might not be there or itll have a plug in it, about an inch to and inch and a half in diameter.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - removed inappropriate comment

Old 01-22-2008, 12:05 PM

ehh
coat hangers are a life saver
*snip*

XD

and full package, power windows and digital display, but it seems my passenger power lock onley does that, just locks. the unlock feature seems moot.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - removed response to previous comment.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:21 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

You will have a way to easily wire it without drilling the door jambs themself, however the hole in the door will be harder to do.

edited by hillbilly

Old 01-23-2008, 02:25 AM

why thank you sir!

and thank you mod for the creative editing

XD

Old 01-23-2008, 05:20 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

like thegr81 said, if there isnt any wiring, you may have to run new wiring to the doors, however, i believe all s-series came with speakers in the front doors. i dont believe there was an option to not have speakers at all. and the 4x6's you linked to are the incorrect size for doors. i believe the 1st gen's had 6 3/4" speakers in the front doors. those clarions ay fit in the dash, i have infinity 4x6's in my dash but i have a 98 instead of a 91..

also, if you end up haveing to run new wires, its the perfect time to install an amp for your speakers

hope your arm heals up nicely, when i was 11, i broke straight through my femur (strongest, hardest-to-break bone) and i was in a cast for 4 months and used crutches for 1 month after that.
First gens only had 4x6 in the dash from the factory, no door option just a stupid map pocket.

Old 01-24-2008, 03:08 PM

hah my map pocket hold a good sized ice scraper, and around my house its daily use, so ehh, its all good

Quick Reply: i want to install speakers in my door...