Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

info please

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:03 PM
hockeykid15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default info please

i am looking at getting a newer blazer. a 2000 trailblazer to be exact... have a couple questions though. it has the stock bose radio in it and i want to transfer my sub to the new truck. can i do this without an aftermarket HU? and if i dont need to get a new HU, is there a way to connect my ipod without an fm transmitter? thanks in advance

Old 07-25-2007, 11:56 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: info please

uggh, I tryed 3 different fm transmitters and they all had horrible static. could be my decks fault tho.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:59 PM

ide rather not use a transmitter. i have a Hu but i dont want to use it if i dont have to.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:59 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

You could always use speaker tapping to hook up the subs
There is no way to hook your Ipod into the stock deck that I can think of. The radio switches between AM, FM1, FM2, CD,(and/or)CASS,there is noway for it toswitch over to a setting where it will allow you to play your Ipod.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:03 AM

does it make a difference that there is an aux button on the HU... if i remember there was a post about being able to use that for something besides a changer. and elighten me... i have no idea where to start with speaker tapping or what to do

Old 07-26-2007, 06:57 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

You may have to ask hillbillyinohio about all this. To my knowledge, the AUX button does nothing. You can try to find a way to hook it up, but I seriously doubt you can use an Ipod to hook up to a deck that was built beforeIpod players even existed.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:09 AM
eshballa5 is an unknown quantity at this point

you could get a hard wired fm modulator. they plug into your factory HU's antenna input and your factory antenna plugs into this modulator. It's kind of like a wireless transmitter buts gets a lot better reception because its hardwired.

Heres one to look at

http://cgi.ebay.com/110-Ch-FM-Stereo...QQcmdZViewItem

you will also need a large antenna to small antenna adapter metra part # 40-GM20

this does have RCA inputs so you would need a cable that is 1/8" headphone style plug to RCA.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:54 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

You should be able to get an adapter from PIE, that would plug into the Aux location as long as you don't have a cassette or if you do that you can plug in the adapter inline. I far as I know this works on 1999 and up and of course my truck is a 98 (didn't work for me). Also it would be helpful to have a pic of the radio so I can make sure which product to recomend. It would be either a PIE GM-9 or a PIE GM-12 I believe that it should be the GM-9 since you say u have a 2000 and the GM-9's are supposed to work on most but not all 1997-2002 blazers and the GM-12 should work for all 2003-2005 blazers. Read through the details carefully to make sure it will work on your trucks set up and then you can google it or ebay it to find one for cheaper, usually they about the same price as on the site I linked you to, but the difference is usually in shipping costs.

Hope this helps you out.

-Lenny

Old 07-26-2007, 11:52 AM

here is the HU. crutchfield has a modulator that i will plan on getting. now the only thing stopping me from ordering it up is whether or not i can connect my sub to the factory HU. if i cant then i will just transfer my HU from the 97 to the 2000 and have no worries about anything.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

theres alot more adjustability with an aftermarket......I suggest doing that anyway

Quick Reply: info please