Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Installing Double Din Tv in 97 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 08:45 AM
slicknick032107 is on a distinguished road

Ok yesterday I was working on it and have it looking pretty good. I have trimed the Ac controls on the side so the interlocking tabs are now gone to create a smooth area for the tv to match up too. I have also removed the mounting tabs for the factory radio on the storage space under the radio to create more room. For the gap in the left side I took an old radio mount and cut a 4in x 1.5 in piece off to glue to the left side on the mount to fill in the gap. I just used simple super glue to attach it to the lip on the left side. the mount line us perfect with the storage space and the ac controls to the right. My tv will be here tomorrow via my great friends at ups and I'll be posting pics of the final install later tomorrow.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:42 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

sounds good, can't wait to see it.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Starting Member
HcHawks09 is on a distinguished road

AGREED!!! cant wait to see it!!

Old 05-12-2010, 08:06 AM
slicknick032107 is on a distinguished road

OK got it in and working great had to do a little more than expected but I got it to work. The tv looks amazing and actual looks like it supposed to be in there. All I need to do now is get some free time to pull it back out and paint it the dark gray to match the ac controls and the rest of the dash. I'll have pictures up later today.
P.S. If your going to try this yourself you WILL need a grinder of some sort to remove the plastic mounts behind the radio to allow enough room for the double din tv.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:31 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

lol glad it worked for ya!

Old 05-12-2010, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran

HAHAHA Awesome Screwed

Old 05-19-2010, 07:33 AM
Beginning Member
LinkTGF is on a distinguished road

This seems like something I'd like to do - how hard was the install? Did you have to mod your panel any or did you get an 03+ dash bezel?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:02 PM
Fracas is on a distinguished road

Need more info on the project. Im about to install a JVC double din and would like to see more pix if possible.

Old 11-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Fracas is on a distinguished road

Well I tackled this project yesterday. I used the 03 Explorer double din kit with a 96 Blazer wiring harness and the extension kit for the Antenna. Now I did have to cut out a small part of the plastic behind the stock radio. Had to be VERY careful doing this due to the dash harness being behind it. Now after I had the Double din ready with the OEM cage and the Explore kit on the radio I have to make a few marks with a silver sharpie (On the double din kit) so I knew where to drill the holes to match the cage on the JVC. After that was done. I took a 1inch x 5inch metal plate and made a hanger so it would bolt in the factor position. The I used self tapping screws to mount the radio to the plate. Blam that was all done. On to the hard part.

Next I had a old CF hood from a civic. So i measured twice then cut out a new beauty aka face plate to fill in all the gaps from the ac controls all the way to the steering wheel. Everything lines up good. I will post a few pix I have plater today.

Thank all for the info in the thread. Id it help me in some ways.

Old 11-14-2010, 11:42 AM
BF Veteran

any photos?

Quick Reply: Installing Double Din Tv in 97 Blazer