Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

just got me stuff installed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 02:20 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default just got me stuff installed!!!

WOOT! just yesterday i put in my Merlin MD2, Orion 500.4, and ran all new Knu Koncepts Krystal Kable RCAs. And WOW does the Merlin amp rock my L7s!!! its rated at 1500w, then later rated at 1800w, and its been benched at 2000w! Unfortunatly, i smell my voice coils burning a lil bit. imma hafta back down my gains.

i also have some unwanted noise coming from my speakers[:@]. Knu Koncepts tells me it prolly the HU ground or amp internal ground, but i dunno about it being my HU cause it didnt do this on my JL 300/4. Anyways, they gave me some stuff to check for them, im gonna do that tommorrow. But today i got MORE problems![:@][:@][:@] My BRAND NEW Eclipse cd8445's screen stopped working! Good thing its under warranty. whew! but additionally, im getting another noise from the speakers thats RPM dependant. and that really worries me cause that means it could be the HU. well well find out soon. and ill try to get some pix posted of my new setup for you guys.

Old 12-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Default RE: just got me stuff installed!!!

forgot to mention, i just won an acution for a 260 amp HO Iraggi alternator. That should handle my MD2 and then some!

Old 12-11-2005, 01:16 AM
2000ZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

hell ya that should handle it the system sounds pretty sweet congrats on the upgrades hope you didnt fry your voice coils were did you find that powerful of a altenator the only ones i can find are 160

Old 12-11-2005, 02:58 PM

ORIGINAL: 2000ZR2

hell ya that should handle it the system sounds pretty sweet congrats on the upgrades hope you didnt fry your voice coils were did you find that powerful of a altenator the only ones i can find are 160
nah, my voice coils are fine. they just needed to fart a lil, theyre cool now. where did you look for alts? cause i used to get mine on ebay from motor city reman. he sells em cheap, but they only go up to 160amp for s-body trucks. i think iraggi sells em a lil higher on ebay. but this irraggi i bought from a guy at caraudio.com. he put it on ebay and i won it. also if you want a really good HO alt, or if you need 1 that goes up to like 300-400amps, check out excessive amperage alts. theyre extremely good alts.

Old 12-11-2005, 07:25 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

sounds like a sweet system. glad it wasnt your Voice Coil.

Old 12-11-2005, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: blazin97

sounds like a sweet system. glad it wasnt your Voice Coil.
thanx. i got a new problem now though . my brand new eclipse deck isnt working right. the screen shuts off sometimes, but its under warranty. the guy i bought it from (owner of good vibes), told me if i ever had a problem with it i could bring it in for an exchange. so i went there for an exchange (owner wasnt working), and the guy there said there were no 8445's in stock. so he said id hafta send it in for repair. i asked how long it'd take, he said 3 FREAKIN WEEKS!!! I was sooo pissed. so i asked for a loaner deck, and he said they dont do that. so im like "WTF am i supposed to do?". im a delivery driver, so im ALWAYS in my blazer. he called the owner and the owner told him to give me some old nakamichi deck. its old as hell, has no mp3 capabilities, no EQ, nothing, it sux. but i held out hope for it. i put it in and the SQ sux *******. and on top of that, theres something wrong with the sub preouts. im getting alot of unwanted noise from the subs. Im SOOO freaking pissed about this. im gonna flip out at him on monday!![:@]

Old 12-14-2005, 02:33 PM
alpinejimmy is an unknown quantity at this point

thats weird, nakamichi is known for great quaility stuff, i had a nak. 12" 2 years ago off 200 rms in a sealed box and it hit every single note, sounded amazing. maybe that deck IS a little too old
make sure you kick him in the dink[sm=chairshot.gif] salesman hate that.

Old 12-14-2005, 08:22 PM

yeah i know nak's are great decks. but this 1 sux. the preouts are very very ****ily designed, youd hafta see em. the SQ is terrible. the sub out if messed up big time. it just sux. but i talked to the guy at the shop where i got my eclipse. he said eclipse wont send out a brand new replacement. theyll either send out a refurb, or just repair mine. and since repairing mine is essentially like getting a refurb except id hafta wait 3 weeks, i told him to just get me a refurb. so hopefully ill be back to a good deck soon

Old 01-20-2006, 09:40 AM
85FSBSilverado is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen some Iraggi alts on carstereos.org recently. Couple for Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada.

Where do you have the RCAs run? And is it just your subs or your stereo altogether? Might try a ground loop isolator from Radio Shack.

Old 01-21-2006, 08:53 PM

ORIGINAL: 85FSBSilverado

I've seen some Iraggi alts on carstereos.org recently. Couple for Blazer/Jimmy/Bravada.

Where do you have the RCAs run? And is it just your subs or your stereo altogether? Might try a ground loop isolator from Radio Shack.
yeah, my iraggi kicks ***. ive had my eclipse back for a while now, but it was a HUGE pain in the *** to get it, lol. ive minimized the noise, but theres still a little bit.

Quick Reply: just got me stuff installed!!!