Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

JVC AVX2 Install

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 01:36 AM
drefda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default JVC AVX2 Install

Hey guys it's been a while. I bought and installed a JVC AVX2 Head Unit last week. I freakin' love this HU. It has the 3.5 inch screen. This thing is amazing. Now for my question. I have read that people cut the plastic behind the stock radio out to fit in a radio. I have the kit that extends about 2 or 3 inches from dash. Is it safe to cut that plastic? Is that wall part of the ventilation system? I need about another half inch of space behind the radio. It has a million input/outputs back there and a fan that needs room to work. Right now, I can't fit the radio in flush. I listened to a cd for like an hour or so then when I ejected it, it felt like it could have burnt my hand. I think the wall is blocking the radio's fan. What should I do?

Old 02-23-2007, 10:44 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: JVC AVX2 Install

there is a little bit of plastic that you can trim in the dash, it has an eyelet if that is any help.

actually, i found a pic, small, but does the tr
Click on the camera under my screen name. first picture