Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

keyless entry fob

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 06:41 PM
oliver291 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: keyless entry fob

Well it says 2001 on my registration document but somtimes when i put the VIN number into various sites to look up parts etc it comes up as a 1999 model - so I just cant be sure.

As far as I am concerned its a 2001 4.3V6 LT model, in right hand drive. VIN number being 1GNDT13W3XK192423‏

When I do the ON/OFF/ON/OFF routine when the door unlock button is released instead of the doors locking/unlocking a light comes on above the speedo which says "security"....I assume this means programming mode is entered...so then I holdbothdown the remote buttons on the original remote for 15 seconds then makes the doors lock/unlock , but try it with the new one , and nothing happens at all.....The only dealer we have for Chevrolet here is telling me it has to come in to them ,as the right hand drive chevrolet blazer has some special 5 digit code that only they know , which istappedin via the fog lamp button of all things...I just find it hard to beleive that some special system was added to the right hand drive models.....

I have even tried some US transmitters with differnt FCC numbers, tried using the passenger door unlock button instead of the right hand drivers door, thinking maybe it is the left side that works as per the US market - all differnent things, combinations, procedures, etc etc and still no joy at all.

Anyway, any info would appreciated !

Old 04-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That's a new one for me man... Let me see what I can dig up though...

*EDIT* - The only additional information that I could dig up was concerning resynchronizing the fobs... Not sure if this has to happen after or before the fob is programmed... This is becasue the RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver) has a rolling code function.

Transmitter Synchronization:
* Resynchronization may be necessary due to the security method used by the remote keyless entry system. The transmitter does not send the same signal twice to the RCDLR.
* The RCDLR will not respond to a signal that has been sent previously. This prevents anyone from recording and playing back the signal from the transmitter.
* The panic button should still operate normally when the system is out of synchronization.
* Resynchronization may be necessary under the following conditions:
- The battery in the transmitter is very weak
- The battery in the transmitter was replaced
- The battery in the vehicle has been in a low or no charge condition for an extended period of time.
* In order to resynchronize the transmitter with the RCDLR, perform the following steps:
1. Stand within 1.5 meters (5 ft) from the vehicle.
2. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter for 7 seconds. The door locks should cycle in order to confirm resynchronization.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:42 AM
BrooklynBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I ordered form the Keyless entry that comes up on this site and i was able to reprogram my remote. It took a couple of tries. I had to hold the unlock button very firmly in order for it to reprogram. It works fine. It is a refurbish but works really well. Came with a new battery.

Funny I lost my origional Keyless entry at a friends house. Iput them on top of his frige. Proceeded to have a couple cold ones. They must have fell inside the freezer.Could not find em.
Just got them back after 6 months in the freezer. Lol. He found them hidden behind some English muffins.
Gonna try later to see if my old one still works after being in the freezer. If so I will have 2 again. PlusI got my Micra leaterman back and various other rod rack keys back.No I can go back to cuttingmy fishing lineswith a scissor and not a filet knife.
Yee haw. Do you think it is gonna work after 6 months in the freezer?
LMAO.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't be a problem. Glad you got it all sorted out.