Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

lcd screens anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 10:17 AM
Beginning Member
irish13tag is on a distinguished road

I have found a ton of touch screen dvd players on ebay ranging from 200-300. The higher end decks are usually the ones that have more options, like back up cam input, video inputs and outputs, sub outputs etc...
I have a back up cam hooked up to mine as well as the other lcd hooked up to one of the video outputs from the deck. I have rca's ran so I can later attact my ps3 to my system.

I took this pics today, let me know if you would like some more detailed pics.

Attached Thumbnails lcd screens anyone?-soundstream.jpg   lcd screens anyone?-soundstream-system1.jpg   lcd screens anyone?-soundstream-system.jpg   lcd screens anyone?-soundstream-screen-closed.jpg   lcd screens anyone?-blue-soundstream.jpg  

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-25-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:03 AM
91300zx is on a distinguished road

All looks good guys. Good job. Merry christmas folks

Old 12-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road

Quick question About 2-3 Months ago i installed a Planetaudio p9744, its a dvd player with the detachable screen on a friends 2000 Dodge Neon. Everything worked fine radio and cd played and all but untill recently she wanted to watch music videos and there was no video it was reading the disk, the sound was going but no video, another friend got the same stereo he installed it himself and the same thing happened so he took it to a shop and paid about $150 or so he said they had to add a cable somewhere but he dont know which anybody know what that cable is and where it goes to, the overall price was of installation.

Old 12-26-2011, 10:23 AM
Beginning Member

I have never heard of having to add another cable to watch a vid. Now I added rca's to my soundstream, but that's cuz I have another screen in the back. To watch vid's on my soundstream, I didn't have to add or modify anything. So I guess I'm a little confused. I only know of 1 wire that has to be grounded to watch vids while driving (safety thing I'm sure) and mine is a pink wire. The manual says it's suppose to be attacted to your e-brake, otherwise no picture on your deck. All I did was ground it. Prob solved.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by irish13tag
I have never heard of having to add another cable to watch a vid. Now I added rca's to my soundstream, but that's cuz I have another screen in the back. To watch vid's on my soundstream, I didn't have to add or modify anything. So I guess I'm a little confused. I only know of 1 wire that has to be grounded to watch vids while driving (safety thing I'm sure) and mine is a pink wire. The manual says it's suppose to be attacted to your e-brake, otherwise no picture on your deck. All I did was ground it. Prob solved.
maybe thats what it is, ill have to try it out thanks for the reply.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:13 AM
Starting Member

@irish13tag- You were right bro thanks, this stereo had a gray wire though only took me about 5 min to fix it thats with taking the whole stereo out.

Also does anybody have a licence plate mount back up camera im thinking of getting a camera myself but my rear bumper is weird, im not sure where i want to mount it Im also getting a 7" Double Din stereo that im going to hook up to it plus an extra 7" screen for people in the back. What camera should i get? and where should i mount it i want a clear view not just the ground but straight back too.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:07 PM
Beginning Member

Hey glad I could help you out Blazer. I have a back up cam on my blazer. I did have it mounted under the bumper next to my hitch, but the view wasn't the greatest. So I removed the hatch release switch and mounted it there. I bought pretty much all my stereo, including lcd, back up cam, speakers from ebay. The back up cam was from hong kong for $20/free shipping. Granted it took 3 weeks to get it. Ha Ha.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Starting Member

@irish13tag - What kind of camera did you get? How big is it? I hear CCD is better than CMOS cameras is that true? Do you think if i were to mount one inside the cab just behind the hatch glass it still work i mean night vision and all with tinted windows. It sucks i dont have a hitch or else that be perfect.
What kind of screen is that you have in the back?

Old 12-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Beginning Member

Here is one I just found for a back up cam and it's located in the usa.

Night Color Car Reverse Camera Vision Backup Rear View | eBay

This is the one I have in my blazer. You can adjust where the cam is viewing.
CAR REVERSING IR CAMERA NIGHT VISION+VIDEO CABLE | eBay

I thought about mounting inside the cab, but I was afraid I would get a glare from the back window, either at night or during the day.

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-30-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond. Rules are rules.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:37 PM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Hey irish13tag, I know the tail gate release button does not in fact do anything - or does it? It's never worked on mine & I've never needed it anyway - so I've never bothered to check it out.

You say you fitted your back-up camera in the place of the button, if I understand correctly. What all is involved? My camera is the same diametre as the button so it should just pop in.

Just thought I'd ask before dismantling the tailgate.

Quick Reply: lcd screens anyone?