Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

lcd screens anyone?

Old 12-23-2011, 03:00 AM
Starting Member
Blazer51 is on a distinguished road
Default lcd screens anyone?

has anybody installed tvs in their blazer if so where at? pics will help

Old 12-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Beginning Member
irish13tag is on a distinguished road

I have a soundstream 8.3" touch screen dvd head unit that I installed last year. I have also added a 7" lcd screen that I mounted to the back of the arm rest for the rear passengers.

Attached Thumbnails lcd screens anyone?-video-system.jpg   lcd screens anyone?-imag0069.jpg  
Old 12-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by irish13tag
I have a soundstream 8.3" touch screen dvd head unit that I installed last year. I have also added a 7" lcd screen that I mounted to the back of the arm rest for the rear passengers.
That looks great bro, im thinking of doing the same thing if you dont mind. where did you buy the other screen from? and did you installed it yourself or shop did, i installed a dvd head unit on my friend 00 neon and the stereo woudnt read dvds everything else worked so she took it to a shop and i guess they added a cable somewhere to make it work, i still dont know what that was. Hopefully you installed it yourself and you can teach me how you did it, thanks for the pics.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:45 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I've recently installed a touch screen head unit with cd/dvd & will hook up a reverse camera when it arrives.

Old 12-24-2011, 08:45 AM
Beginning Member
irish13tag is on a distinguished road

I had a DIN size dvd player in my blazer also, but I hated how it looked because it just didn't fit or look right. I installed all the audio and video in my blazer. I bought my soundstream deck and the back lcd screen from ebay. the lcd came from hong kong and I think I paid like $20 (free shipping). granted it took like 2-3 weeks to get it but it was a hell of a deal. I am more than happy to help and assist you any way I can. I did pull out all the seats and carpet out of the blazer to run the wires, both power and audio wire and cleaned everything up before reinstalling the carpet and seats. I love how my soundstream deck has 2 mics for my bluetooth connected phone and the screen shows who's calling. talk about "hands free". ha ha. Oh and another thing, there is a pink (I think it's pink) wire that is used for the e-brake so the screen won't show anything till the e-brake is pressed. All that wire needs to be is grounded and you won't have to worry about the e-brake.

I have plenty of pics of what all I have done to the stereo system.

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-24-2011 at 09:05 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:02 AM
91300zx is on a distinguished road

Would you mind posting up some more pics if you have them? I wouldnt mind checking them out. The screen looks good but it does look out of place. Can you find a bezel to go in the space?

Old 12-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Starting Member
bobby099 is on a distinguished road

i have a kenwood flip out it was pretty hard to install i had to take the whole dash off to run the wires because this one isnt plug and play its kinda had to explain.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:25 AM
91300zx is on a distinguished road

Can anyone recommened a few indash touch screens? Im looking to spend around $200-$300 but would like the features.

Old 12-24-2011, 07:21 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by kiwiblazer
I've recently installed a touch screen head unit with cd/dvd & will hook up a reverse camera when it arrives.

Looks great what kind of stereo is it?? Was it hard to install?

If you have a flip up screen does it get messed up with the bumps in the road.

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-25-2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 12-25-2011, 01:57 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazer51
Looks great what kind of stereo is it?? Was it hard to install?
Easy! I cut up the stock stereo casing to fabricate the mounting brackets. See my post.

https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-...ce-cake-65646/

of course, mine is RHD - may be different from LHD trucks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lcd screens anyone?