Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

LED Light Change over- IN and OUT

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Twip will become famous soon enough
Default LED Light Change over- IN and OUT

just completed my order from superbrightleds.com and i should have everything by the end of the week. gonna get it all put in over the holidays and i plan on taking before and after pictures. i cant wait!!

Old 12-19-2012, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Make sure before you get the LED's is go to (specifically napa) and get yourself a LED flasher (i was able to find one for my first gen there, i'm sure a second gen would not be a problem) so you can solve the hyper flash for installing LED's on the exterior lights.

Old 12-20-2012, 12:17 AM

awwww yes. good idea. i hadnt thought of that being an issue. thank you good sir. by the way, how do i put in my car info under my name and all that?

Old 12-20-2012, 07:02 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

You are welcome.
If you click "USERCP" in the top left of the page, there will be a side bar. Click on edit signature

Old 12-20-2012, 07:31 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Looking forward to seeing the pictures of this done. I've begun to slowly change my lights over to LED. I've yet to find one I really like for the tail/brake lights though. All that I've tried haven't had a big enough difference between the tail and brake brightnesses to make me happy. I'm pretty sure people would have a hard time noticing the brakes were applied when the tail tlights were on with the ones I've tried so far. I've changed the front turn signals, the reverse lights and license plate bulbs so far. I'm still deciding whether or not it will be worth all the work to change ALL of the interior lights. May just do the dome/map lights and call it done.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:38 AM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech
Looking forward to seeing the pictures of this done. I've begun to slowly change my lights over to LED. I've yet to find one I really like for the tail/brake lights though. All that I've tried haven't had a big enough difference between the tail and brake brightnesses to make me happy. I'm pretty sure people would have a hard time noticing the brakes were applied when the tail tlights were on with the ones I've tried so far. I've changed the front turn signals, the reverse lights and license plate bulbs so far. I'm still deciding whether or not it will be worth all the work to change ALL of the interior lights. May just do the dome/map lights and call it done.
Unless you are going to be building a custom one off set for your tail lights, the incadesant bulbs will be more bright than most plug and play bulbs.

However, for plug and play that is bright, find some cree led's. they make them plug and play for 1157 bulbs, they are the brightest for plug and play LEDs

Old 12-20-2012, 09:02 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

The problem isn't overall brightness, they were all adequate. The problem was the difference between the dim operation for the tail lights and the bright operation for the brake/turn signals. There just wasn't enough of a difference between them. You could barely tell the brake lights were on and the turn signals were really only noticeable because it was changing with the flasher. It's like the dim operation just wasn't dim enough in comparison to the bright operation.

I'm going to see about the CREE's. I know none of the bulbs I had were of the quality those tend to be.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:36 PM
BF Veteran

you will notice a brightness difference with the cree's, way more than the surface mount ones that people usually get.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Diaita will become famous soon enough

I was thinking of making it so one of the tail light bulbs was JUST signal/brake and the other was signal/brake AND marker. Im not sure if one LED bulb would be adequate for a marker light though.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Default Update

so i just got home from work a few hours ago and decided to check my email so i could see where my package is from superbrightleds.com. well it turns out, even though i placed my order on tuesday night, which means that it should have shipped wednesday some time. they didnt ship it until tonight around 4:40 local time. then it didnt get an orgin scan (when they actually have the package) until after 7 local time. now when i say local time, i mean their time, which is central time, which is 2 hours ahead of me since i live in cali. so when i placed my order tuesday, i payed for 2 day shipping which means that i should have had my package by friday end of day. but since it didnt ship til today, and wont even go anywhere until friday, i wont see it until probably monday at the earliest. i am freaking steaming!!!!!

Quick Reply: LED Light Change over- IN and OUT