Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Mid Range Speaker Suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:35 PM
MRDCSE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mid Range Speaker Suggestion

Hello All,
I am a newbie who just purchased a 96 s-10 4 dr, 4 wheel drive. From day one only sound came out of one speaker (right rear passenger door). Fade and blance had no effect. Thinking stock radio bad, replaced with a sony cdx-gt200, with the after market pulg and play wiring harnesses. No amp or sub. Guess what, sound only from same speaker. Well I guess there is a problem with the speaker wiring or maybe there are no speakers (previous owner removed?) Anyway I will pull off the door panels this weekend and I will replace stock speakers with aftermarket and check wiring . After reviewing this site I believe there are 6.5 all around in doors, is this correct. Any suggestion as to what speakers (mid price range) to get for good sound that mount with little effort or additional speaker adaptors. Thanks to all for any input or suggestions to problem fix.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:13 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Mid Range Speaker Suggestion

hmm....lets see. i know the Infinitys are nice, at about $100 a set via best buy and cheaper online. i have also heard good things about SPL speakers with there 5 way 6x9 and all - power acoustiks are said to be great but only if run with an amp.

Old 09-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

check out woofersetc.com, or onlinecarstereo.com. They both have pretty good listing of manufacturers. Infinity's, Diamonds, CDT Bostons Acc, MB Quart used to be pretty good for speakers, (not really subs).

I would look at getting a component set for the fronts, and then just some coaxials for the back doors. I mounted my CDTs components in front doors and put the tweeters in the factory dash location.

Old 09-28-2006, 12:07 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

The Kenwood KFC-1660S 6 1/2" is a good speaker at $50 bucks a pair. You can probably get them from crutchfield.com or just check out the Kenwood website and take a look at them.

Old 09-28-2006, 02:17 AM
BF Veteran
XBlazer01 has a spectacular aura aboutXBlazer01 has a spectacular aura about

^
gotta disagree bro.

Spend the extra cash and get something that wont blow in a month or 2 [8D]

Old 09-28-2006, 02:38 AM
winterride is an unknown quantity at this point

if you arent going to get subs or anything, i like the pioneer 3 way speakers. they are cheap and they give good general sound. They suck with subs though.

Old 09-28-2006, 09:33 AM
MRDCSE is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all replies so far. When I am replacing the speakers should I go with the same model and type for all 4 doors or is it better (sound wise) to put different types in the front and rear. Suggestions very much appreciated. Thanks again

Old 09-28-2006, 09:44 AM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would have to say that you dont have to go with the same models and such, but i would if i were you. And i would go with Pat (hillbilly) on this one for the component set up front and coax in the back. that will give the best sound and the mid-bass speakers will be good for the lil extra bass since no subs will be used.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:21 PM
kornphlake is an unknown quantity at this point

Really any aftermarket speakers will sound best with an amp. If you aren't going to install an amp there's not much difference between Kenwood or Pioneer speakers and one of the premium brands.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Onh I beg to differ. Even stepping up to the Infinitys from the Kenwoods of the pioneers, you will notice a huge difference in the sound, especially the highs.

Quick Reply: Mid Range Speaker Suggestion