Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Mobile video...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Big Frost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mobile video...

So i have 2 monitors i purchased on ebay, and rigged to a switch (havent installed them yet) that are ready to go.

I dont have a mobile video unit yet, and i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

im looking for either a single din, NOT FLIP UP, that ill mount right next to the arm rest facing up, preferably with a small screen... or a touch screen double din for the dash...

im looking to spend about $200 - 300$, but if its worth it ill spend more.

any healp you have is appreciated...

this is the one im contemplating, since ive had positive experiances with soundstream...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Soundstream-VIR8...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 06-05-2008, 03:58 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future
Default RE: Mobile video...

thats a nice little unit...i had one in my gf's car. great picture but the faceplate is kinda big and bulky. I would spring and buy a nice pioneer unit. the one i have is awsome and its cheap for a double din...avh-p4000dvd

Old 06-05-2008, 04:59 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Don't the flip out screens (most all of them are 7' right?) not work on any column-shifted blazer? I thought I had read/heard somewhere there wasn't clearance for it to flip if you're in drive or lower gear.

Old 06-05-2008, 05:06 PM

i dont plan on getting a flip up...i hate those..

but speaking of clearance, im annoyed with my REGULAR stereo because its so close to the shifter...so thats why i said i thik im mounting it near the arm rest...

Old 06-05-2008, 06:48 PM
oakleyg is an unknown quantity at this point

They work fine on the blazers with the newer dash.

Old 06-07-2008, 02:20 AM

well i have the older dash (95-97) but besides that fact they always seemed to breakable to me. that and it always reminds me of the cheap way out, idk why...but if i were to get one it would annoy me everytime i would look at it.

but anyone else had any positve experiances with any single din or double din dvd player units? anything that plays videos off an ipod? that would be an awesome feature...

Old 06-07-2008, 11:22 PM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just installed a kenwood dnx-5120 in my moms boyfriends mariner, has gps, dvd, cd/mps, ipod all the good stuff. you can control the ipod right from the screen. plays ipod vid too.

Old 07-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Good_Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Go with a Pioneerdouble din touch screen, I bought this one http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...471&catid= only to find out that it wouldn't fit in my 95 Blazer, neither would any other double din deck for that matter, so I settled for a single din alpine instead. But for the 2 days that I had it just sittin in the dash with a 2" gap, it was awesome in terms of video and sound quality. I also bought this one http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...142&catid= which was also sweet only to find out that no matter what I did, it stuck out 3" to long, and got in the way of the gear shifter. So just make sure that the deck your going to get will fit. Good luck.