Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Must have add-on for your blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 01:58 PM
moosehauler05'blaz is on a distinguished road
Default Must have add-on for your blazer

Nowadays people bang into your truck with there cars bumper car door etc and drive away and your left with a dent or worse

I have installed about a year ago a Duel Cam DVR that runs off a "magicbox" timer/vott cap so your camara is hardwired into your truck and records 24hrs aday or untill your truck battery dips to 11.8 votts (you still have cranking power) and the cam shuts off if you have less then

Ebay sells the cams and i say do a search for your own needs a good one starts at $50 and up The magicbox you can google the name

..#1 while pulling into a coffee shop i had a Police car follow in behind me. Watch me park. Go in to get a coffee while running my plate and follow me down a street all this in 15 mins as i came to a green the light changed to yellow which i drove thru The officer then drove thru the red without lights or siren Then 30 secs later Turned on his lights i pulled over he asked for Lic, Reg, etc asked why i was pulled over? Running a red To which i said nope it was yellow You infact went thru the red without your lights active .Cop : well i'm not here to argue with you. Its a $325.00 fine and 3 points off your lic. Me : well i do have the right to ask for a supervisor yes? Cop: yes if you want but can i ask why? Me: sure i would like him to see the video of both me and you going by the light and ask him the reason why you been following me to the coffee shop and after the coffee shop Cop : well i was getting a coffee..Me : oh where is it? ( he never went in the shop ) Cop : wait so you have a camara .. yes front and back with wifi < lie but didnt want him taking it ..cop : what for? Me: same reason you have one protect myself from crooks ..Cop: I'll let you off with just a warning this time be on your way .. I did go to SIU dept and file a complant for harrassment to which i never get cops pulling me over random anymore (Your Rootbeer/copper truck fits the same truck in a heist today thats why i pulled you over without back up and guns drawn and clamly walked over to ask more dumb questions without a reason..zzz)

#2 man and wife parking there Ford F150 behind my truck at a homedepo went to far forward and rear ended my freshly paint custom painted bumper backed up got out walked over wiped his hand on the dent looked at his and looked around to see if anyone saw and got back in the truck and drove off .. I seen the dent and thru the SD card in my Laptop while in the truck Perfect! Lic plate number make of truck Time stamped and the face of the guy close up..Turns out He had 3 crashes in 1 year and a hit and run 4 years before .. They ended up not only paying for the fix ( $975) for my own paint and labour but also the wetsand and polish to showroom finsh it had

Old 12-22-2014, 12:51 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

i been rolling dash cams for a few years now. they are cheap insurance, i usually post all the good close calls or stupid driving on youtube. when i was a emt responding to car accidents no one ever took fault for the accident so i figured it would be nice to have one

Old 12-22-2014, 03:24 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

whats your YT channel?

Old 12-23-2014, 08:36 AM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

I have one sitting in a box still in the closet... had it installed in my last truck. I need to get my butt into gear and install it in my Blazer...