Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

my battery is gay.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 11:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: my battery is gay.

Yeah, I was pushing it, but you.. Wow... That's all I can say... LMAO! Too funny!

Old 11-29-2006, 09:25 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: a_tack
re VOLT ing.... wow, i think i just killed that joke.. lol
LMFAO!!! Good one...but OK, enough of the gay jokes, I 'm gonna get paranoid you're making fun of ME.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:22 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I don't know if this matters any longer, but I did give a call over to Optima. After waiting for a while to talk to a gal named Courtney (as specified by another member whom I don't even know if he's here any longer), I asked her about the differences between deep cycle and starting batteries (ie red top vs yellow top). She did state that the red top is an everyday use battery and compared with the yellow top, the cranking amps (what you get initially when you start the truck) is quite a bit higher when compared with the yellow top. Battery frame size comparisons yield around a 200 amp difference in favor of the red top. Now, that is comparing batteries within Optima. However, lets compare the Optima battery to a run of the mill 'stock' battery, the yellow tops CA rating (again for the same frame battery), is actually slightly higher. Another question I asked was about the recharge rate effecting the deep cycle battery when used in a daily driver. She stated that a deep cycle battery DOES NOT need to be drained often to maintain its 'health'. The ONLY downside to running a deep cycle battery is the CA/CCA available.

Oh and m00n... We weren't making fun of you. I couldn't resist, but Aaron... I don't know... LOL j/k!

Old 11-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, I know you weren't making fun of me...I'm the first the jump on gay jokes...I think we're like Newfies in that we can make the best ones up ourselves!

I'm glad to see that you followed up, Kyle. This is some pertinent information.

Old 11-29-2006, 01:48 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

haha... yea, I was just jumpin on the band wagon to make the tone of this thread a bit lighter...lol not pokin fun at anyone... just funny in general..