Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

my subs

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 12:31 PM
zr2dan is on a distinguished road
Default my subs

it aint custom boxes and all that pretty jaz but she pounds to beat hell

Old 03-04-2011, 04:09 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

please tell me that is NOT how you drive around. Those need to be secured to the vehicle unless you want to die in an accident.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:02 PM

the bottom box is anchored to the cargo tie downs and the top box is bolted to the bottom box not only for safety but to insure nobody can carry them out of my blazer but still pounds all to hell i think its makin me def lol people that ride with me tell it makes there chest hurt or makes them feel like they are choking gettin hit in the head with a box is the least of their worries i might colapse a lung or somethin

Old 03-05-2011, 10:00 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

that looks rediculous...why would you do something like that?? Build a proper box and get 4 identical subs and it will be louder then that monstrosity

Old 03-05-2011, 10:09 AM
dimone545 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have to agree with jag..... Though I am sure it pounds like a son of a B**ch it probably doesnt sound very clean and it def does not look very clean. Build a proper box and not only will it look better but I am sure you will be happier with it over all. The only thing I do not agree with is telling you to replace subs just so they match. Yes it is ideal for a perfect sound but for most people, the sound difference is barely even noticeable. I personally think that the color contrast could look cool if the box was built correctly.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:13 PM

look guys im not trying to win a stereo compition and those speakers sound good there is no distortion when it hits every type of music i play sounds good i wasnt tryin to show off i was just trying to get around in this forum not tryin to get ridiculed you want to know what i think..... i think its stupid to spend 800 to 1000 bucks on a sub and all that time building fiberglass boxes and other fitted enclosers i got 600 bucks in those boxes and subs 500 in the amps a 300 dollar stereo and a 60 dollars worth of wire and every time i cruise the strip people break there necks to get a peep at whats rattling there mirrors and windows its my junky *** boxes and mismatched subs

Old 03-05-2011, 02:04 PM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm sure people just look because it's another annoying person with a stereo with no respect for other people. Not everyone cares to hear you have a big stereo.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:56 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

how are they secured to the hold downs? They dont look secured to me at all. You do have 2 seperate amps for the 2 different enclosure right?

Old 03-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Beginning Member
loud97 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by zr2dan
look guys im not trying to win a stereo compition and those speakers sound good there is no distortion when it hits every type of music i play sounds good i wasnt tryin to show off i was just trying to get around in this forum not tryin to get ridiculed you want to know what i think..... i think its stupid to spend 800 to 1000 bucks on a sub and all that time building fiberglass boxes and other fitted enclosers i got 600 bucks in those boxes and subs 500 in the amps a 300 dollar stereo and a 60 dollars worth of wire and every time i cruise the strip people break there necks to get a peep at whats rattling there mirrors and windows its my junky *** boxes and mismatched subs
ouch

Old 03-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Beginning Member
nickyb123 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by loud97
ouch

No **** dude you got ripped

There's a difference between a adding a sub to your system to enhance the sound of your music and adding a massively mismatched amount of bass that is there just so other people a block away can think your badazz, you said yourself that you aren't in to competing

Last edited by nickyb123; 03-05-2011 at 10:46 PM.

Quick Reply: my subs