Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

need help asap

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:43 AM
Starting Member
qrob21 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation need help asap

First of all i have a 93 blazer tahoe lt first truck ive ever owned.im more of a 2 door car guy i.e(monte carlo,grand prix) but i like this truck and ill prolly stick with it.

Anyway,ive hooked up many systems before but never in a truck so it was a learning experience and ive seaarched the forums as i went along to help. i put in my aftermarket deck which is a sony MEX-BT2800 and i have had thiis deck for a cple years and ive had it throughtout all my cars.so i installed it no problem.

Two days ago i picked up an audiopipe 1001d for 30 from this guy off of craigslist which i was cautious about but it works great.i have all four gauge wiring and etc from my other systems which i all had to sell due to car problems.

I installed it all in about an hour or so in like 40 degree weather here in indiana.Everything worked so i dug in my closest and found an old planet audio(lol) 12 that i use for testing purposes and i hooked it up and put it in the back and it was pretty decent i guess but it was a start so i drove around and did some errands and it was all good.i decided to go to the pawn shop to see if i could pick up a decent but cheap set of 12 or 15 before i had the money to upgrade.and after i left one pawn shop i started the truck and my amp wasnt turning on!. but when i turned it off and turned the key to the own position everything work.i checked all my wires and everything was good no touching or anything.so i was like ok.and i KNOW shouldnt of did this but i was desperate and had oen more thing to do before i went home....i sadly hooked my amps remote wire to the constant of the deck.. so i get to the second pawn shop and turn the car off but i forgot to un-connect the wires and when i returned the amp was still on doh!yeah my car was dead so i disconnected the wires and my cd wouldnt turn on after i jumped my car i drove home and check all my wires and everything then i cehcked the fuse on my deck and the radio fuse in the truck and i replaced both of them.no dice.and i couldnt find the face to my moms deck so i couldnt try hers but after that story heres the question

Why would my amp only turn on when the truck key was turned to "on"

and do you think i fried my cd player

no need to flame me i thought id tell u exactly what happened instead of lieing like some people would.thanks in advanced

Old 11-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Type RF is on a distinguished road

Make sure and check both fuses, one for the constant power and one on the ignition power of the radio in the fusebox. Sounds like you checked the one on the back of the radio. The only time i've seen radios die from jumpstarts is if someone accidentally hooked up jumper cables backwards Also there should be a reset button, which is very tiny like a pencil tip hole on the face or behind the face. Push that button with the key on. Best way to know for sure is to put a test light on the power wires behind the radio and see if each one lights up. If you got both powers and it's grounded good then it's probably bad.