Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Need help on choosing sound system

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 09:17 PM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help on choosing sound system

i have a 2001 2dr chevy blazer and i wanted to put a new sound system in it, i dont know what would be a good kind of speakers or if i would need an amp or any of that all ideas are welcome

Thanks!!!

Old 08-24-2009, 09:01 AM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

first of all, we need to know what your goals are with this stereo....and also a budget

Old 08-24-2009, 04:12 PM
Starting Member
two1nine is on a distinguished road

^^ i agree...if ur money is right a kicker cvx pounds hard...ppl always think i have more until they see i have just one in a decent ported box....its all about ur budget

Old 08-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Bberry20 is on a distinguished road

would have to agree with the above post. I have had 4 Rockford P3 12's in the back of mine with 700 watts to each and it was loud. But now i have just one Kicker CVX and it sounds great. Everyone thinks i have at least 2 12's in there. But now i can still haul stuff in the back with the smaller box.

Old 08-26-2009, 07:26 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

budget is the absolute first step. Then you need to figure out what type of system you want (loud, great sound quality, or a combination on the 2 - sacrificing a litte from each to get an all around decent setup). After that, you need to figure out in what order you want to purchase everything.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:01 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

not looking to spend too much but im just kinda curious what i can get for my money. im probably thinking of some kind of mid range speaker system

Old 09-02-2009, 11:42 AM
Bravado is on a distinguished road

For the best bang for the buck in a mid range system, try getting some components all around with a decent amp pushing 'em.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:18 PM
bobditts is an unknown quantity at this point

we cant tell you what you can get for your money, if you dont tell us how much you have to spend.

Old 09-02-2009, 08:26 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Do this... Go into best buy... See what has sold... ask what sells... and then pick out things in your price range... Write them down.. Go home... read online reviews... and then see how well you chose... you could get a pretty BA system this way...

Old 09-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Beginning Member
cjmor1804 is on a distinguished road

go to wal-mart, get some cheap speakers already in a box, with a cheap amp that has the same wattage rating, then get an install kit. if u have factory cd-player/tape-deck, u have to hard-wire the amp to the factory speaker wires, if u have after market get a good length of rca cable. Hook everything up. If u like the sound, keep it. Everything should cost around $300 depending on size of speakers and amp. This would be a good starting system, that will increase low frequency. If it creates too much, u will need after market speakers for ur doors/dash, to blend frequencies. If it creates too little, check ur wiring, or get better equipment.

Quick Reply: Need help on choosing sound system