Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

need help fast 97 2door speaker install

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 06:08 PM
JRob238 is on a distinguished road
Default need help fast 97 2door speaker install

ok so i have done tones of speaker installs on pretty much all the 2000 > jeeps but when i cracked open my blazers passenger door panel i hit a brick wall lol.

I need some help with completly removing the panel off the door handle. i know that sounds noobish but i can not for my life get the freaker to come completly off.

If there is a diy out there could someone link it to me. I did a mild search but dont have the time to really dig into it since its already dark and work comes at 5 in the morning. really should have waited to jump into this but ohs well.

also did you guys cut off the black adapter on the back of the oem speaker or will it connect to an aftermarket?

Incase you wondering im installing all planet audio speakers throughout.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-21-2011, 06:43 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Did you make sure to remove the little "cup" behind the door lever? On lots of cars, that's attached to the handle and the whole thing needs to slide out the back in order to get the panel off. On ours though it needs to come off in order for the main panel to come off.

Make sure you get all the clips around the edge. There are two screws directly underneath the handle as well.

It's been a while since I've taken mine off so I may have missed something else

Old 02-21-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
Did you make sure to remove the little "cup" behind the door lever? On lots of cars, that's attached to the handle and the whole thing needs to slide out the back in order to get the panel off. On ours though it needs to come off in order for the main panel to come off.

Make sure you get all the clips around the edge. There are two screws directly underneath the handle as well.

It's been a while since I've taken mine off so I may have missed something else
I couldnt get it to budge. I removed the little clip directly behind the door handle but i didnt notice anything else holding it on. I did find two bolts that i undone the rest was the clips around the panel. Is there a trick to getting that trim piece off around the handle/lock?

Old 02-21-2011, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Old 02-21-2011, 08:25 PM

good video. my panel is a little different though. Good news is I calmed myself down and figured it out lol I got to thinking about when you described the "cup" made perfect sense when I got back out there. Thanks alot for your help.

On another note I knnow have three working speakers in my blazer lol 2 stock and the one planet audio. Im thinking about making a little diy. I know it should be an easy chore but even after the countless installs i have done i had to stop and think. Plus im sure it will help some guys that think they cant tackle this on their own. When really once i figured it out i wass in and out of the door in five minutes.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 PM

here is the speaker. Snapped a pic before i got all the screws in
double post

Old 02-21-2011, 09:31 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

The handle trim can be hard to get off. I put new speakers in mine and the passenger side handle trim was stuck together and I couldn't get it apart like you're supposed to. I finally pulled the whole piece out and then got them apart.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:59 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by JRob238
good video. my panel is a little different though.
lol, I completely skipped over the "97" in the title. My info was for the 98+ but I guess it's still pertinent for the previous year even though the interior changed a bit.

Glad you got it working!

Old 02-22-2011, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by s14sh3r
The handle trim can be hard to get off. I put new speakers in mine and the passenger side handle trim was stuck together and I couldn't get it apart like you're supposed to. I finally pulled the whole piece out and then got them apart.
yeah that is definitely a design failure lol really a pita to get off

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
lol, I completely skipped over the "97" in the title. My info was for the 98+ but I guess it's still pertinent for the previous year even though the interior changed a bit.

Glad you got it working!
its no prob it actually helped jog my brain a little.

on another note i got the driver door speaker in this evening and the driver dash speaker. Starting to sound real nice inside now. Im slowly putting a DIY for it as we speak.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:37 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

some retard just yanked my panels off they didnt see the screws under the arm rests. and they call themselves pro's. I pity a fool

Quick Reply: need help fast 97 2door speaker install