Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Need help picking speakers for blazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Beginning Member
Bhahn25 is on a distinguished road
Default Need help picking speakers for blazer

I'm looking to buy all new door speakers. I don't want a full blown system I just want good quality door speakers with bass. If anyone could help me out with some good brands that are clear and have good bass

Old 05-28-2011, 10:43 PM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

Alpine, Kenwood, and Rockford Fosgate have pretty good bass for replacement speakers for the price. I would stay away from Pioneer because most of my friends pioneer speakers are blown and I listen to my music way louder than they do with my Rockford Fosgate speakers. Just remember you probably have tweeters in the dash. So, IMO I would keep the current component system setup in the front and just replace the tweeters and component speakers for the front and replace the rear door speakers with 2-way speakers for the rear. Check out Crutchfield.com for some speakers

Old 05-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Beginning Member
98ltboombox is on a distinguished road

You really won't get a whole lot of bass out of the door speakers just due to their size unless you run an amp to them. The usually 50x4 head units just don't push enough for mid range bass. Nrmally you get that kind of effect with 6x9's. I've ran a few different pairs of componet systems in my blazer, infinity, alpine, an older pair of mb quarts and now I got a pair of ken woods.I Replaced my 6x4's in the dash with the tweeters that came in my newest components and ran my cross overs back by with my amp. Personally I'd recommend a component system over a coaxial any day because the crossover ensures you don't get the wrong ranges to the wrong speakers, ie bass through the tweeters.

As for a website, personally efff crutch field, check out onlinecarstereo.com.

Suggestions for speakers I'd say Rockford power series, Kenwood, Boston Acoustic if price doesn't mAtter. Alpines are okay but, I blew mine from just off my head unit but, I also listen to my music louder then I should but, with 15's who wouldn't?

Old 05-30-2011, 12:16 AM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

haha that was the site I was thinking about!!

Old 05-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Starting Member
HondaOverCHEVY is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bhahn25
i'm looking to buy all new door speakers. I don't want a full blown system i just want good quality door speakers with bass. If anyone could help me out with some good brands that are clear and have good bass
ws7 would be your best choice..with a decwent jl amp.. Make sure its a pure watt

Old 05-30-2011, 08:40 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

The brand has little to do with how good they'll sound. Proper installation has everything to do with it though. With any equipment purchase you need to buy what fits your budget and needs. The brands the fella's listed above are definitely fine, but no matter what you get it needs the best installation you can give it to sound it's best. Removing the factory plastic baffle and replacing it with a good solid wood one is ideal. A little sound deadening treatment is also highly recommended and a decent little amp will go a long way to great sound from any set of speakers.