Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Need a new box and a new amp

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 02:25 AM
Beginning Member
Fat_Phil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need a new box and a new amp

Ok, I've had these Rockford Fosgate subs for a few months and my ****ty generic bandpass box finally blew up on me so I want to start building a new one which I would appreciate any advice on that seeing how it'd be my first time building a sub box and also if anyone has a good idea on which amp would really make the best out of the subs

below is a url of my subs

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...ures_and_specs

any help would be awesome, thanks.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:10 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: Need a new box and a new amp

How many subs do you have? I would assume two but you didn't say. With two 4ohm DVC woofers, and ~500W RMS each, you would want an amp that does 1000W RMS @ 1ohm or 4ohms.

Regarding the box, I would just follow Rockford's specs. There should be a section in the owners manual for the subs on enclosure specs. Be sure and use MDF.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Beginning Member

Yeah sorry, I do have two of those Rockford Fosgate and in the manual theres sealed and ported boxes, now I don't know which would really be better for those subs specifically in the back of my blazer and I was kinda hoping for a specific amp, but keep in mind I'm only a 19 year old kid who gets 8.50 an hour lol

Old 09-10-2008, 05:43 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I don't know enough to be able to tell you which is better (sealed vs ported)... I made a sealed box simply because it was easier. In retrospect, building a ported box doesn't seem like it would be too much extra work but mine's fine as it is.

Hopefully some more people will offer up some amp suggestions but I've heard decent things about HiFonics (heres a TXI1008D amp). A lot of audio companies out there really exaggerate their products and have such inflated numbers, it's hard to really tell what will or will not work. I have a Kicker amp and sub and they've been good to me but I don't think any of their amp's are 1ohm stable.

www.onlinecarstereo.com is a good place to check out. They have pretty good prices and ship out pretty quick.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Beginning Member

Says that amp is only one channel, could I use that HiFonics TXI1008D on both of my subs?

Old 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
BF Veteran

A mono amp would be best. You'd wire the subs together and the amp would split the power between the two