Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Need radio dash kit help

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Beginning Member
cueball is on a distinguished road
Default Need radio dash kit help

I just purchased a 97 blazer 2dr without a radio in it. I have a Pioneer cd head unit I want to put in it. All of the kits I've seen (Metra & Sochece?) are not tall enough to fill the opening. There will still be about a 1" gap under the pocket. Do I need another part, or do I need to make something up to fill the gap? Oh, the blazer has dash speakers, door speakers, and rear side panel speakers. How do I hook up all three pair. Thanks!

Old 07-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Beginning Member
wallen_steven is on a distinguished road

have you checked out walmart thats were i got mine form fits really nice if not then u can check best buy or you could even go to a stereo shop were u lie and they might be able to help for the dash and hooking up the speaker if not the all u have to do is match the colors on the factory wiring harness hope this helps

Old 07-29-2009, 10:02 PM
Beginning Member

I've been searching around and it seems as though all of the aftermarket kits do not cover up the bottom opening where the equalizer went. Anyone else had this issue???

Old 07-30-2009, 06:57 AM
Starting Member
Bigringtravis is on a distinguished road

OK - so that kit will leave you with two pockets under the head unit... no big deal, but you'll want to epoxy the one in the kit 'cause if you get to bumping around off-road it'll pop out on you!

There are grills in the dash but they don't house any speakers... You can run an amp and power a pair of dash speakers. The main speakers in the 2-door are in the doors, which is good because you don't need a seperate adapter. Those are 6 1/2 rounds.

The only caution is the hazard button - Don't break that sucker off or your hazards will run until you replace the Column Switch!

Old 07-30-2009, 08:48 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cueball
I just purchased a 97 blazer 2dr without a radio in it. I have a Pioneer cd head unit I want to put in it.
When you say no radio, is the plug on the harness still present? Or do you have a bunch of cut wires sticking out of your dash?
If nothing has been cut up you can probably just buy a harness adapter and it'll be pretty well plug and play... you'll also need an antenna adapter for the radio antenna most likely.

Old 07-30-2009, 09:12 AM
Beginning Member

The wires are all there so I will just get the antenna adapter and the harness adapter. Thanks for all of the help.