Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

need radio help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Beginning Member
coupedeville59 is on a distinguished road
Default need radio help

I just bought a 97 blazer and the radio will not keep time or settings. It goes back to 1200 and am1400 when I turn it off. Where should I begin?

Old 10-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Stock radio? It sounds like the main (continuous power) is disconnected or possibly a blown fuse on that wire.

Old 10-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Beginning Member

yes stock cassette player radio. where will I find the connections or fuse on the continuous power wire.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member

*Posted 10/13/09 @ 04:46 PM by coupedeville59*
I just put a 10 amp fuse in the spot that was missing one that says radio. Now the clock is on and keeping time. My question is should the clock stay on all the time when the truck is off? This is on the 97 ls that I bought last week.

*Posted 10/13/09 @ 07:51 PM by coupedeville59*
Hi I looked at the fuse box on my 97 blazer and a fuse that says radio batt was missing. I replaced it and my clock and radio settings are working but the clock stays on after the key is off and out of the ignition. What could the issue be?

Old 10-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please have patience and keep your posts together.

I suspect you have found the reason for the missing fuse. The clock should not stay on all the time. It likely was causing a battery drain. You likely have a problem with the radio.

I can't look it up at the moment, but I do not think that RAP (retained accessory power) was available until 98... If it was available in 97, then the RAP relay could be stuck closed, but that would allow the windows to remain powered as well...

Old 10-22-2009, 01:22 AM
Beginning Member
Droppd88Jimmy701 is on a distinguished road

To me.. it sounds like you have the yellow and the red wires switched around. (the battery and memory wire). I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure thats the problem. Either that, or the constant power is shorted out because the constant power keeps the radio on while the car's off.. which keeps the memory. Let me know if this helps

Old 10-25-2009, 06:59 PM
Beginning Member

where would this red and yellow wires be? The guy I got it from said it was an abandoned car so he did not get keys with it. Do you guys think he messed with the switch and maybe something is not hooked up correctly?