Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Need some info/help

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Beginning Member
hfxblazer is on a distinguished road
Question Need some info/help

Ok so i was getting for my stereo upgrade today and ran into a brain strain. my 2000 trailbalzer came with the bose setup. So i was in the middle of installing a jvc double din deck and a set of new speakers.

I took off the pass.side door panel and it has a 6.5 delco speaker at 4 ohms. then I took off the driver side door panel and there looks to be a 7-8 inch bose woofer.

My first queston is if this is normal?

second question. i bought a set of jbl mids and tweets last week as they were 2ohm speakers. after i saw the 4ohm on the pass.side, i returned them and bought some alpine type s components that are 4ohm. when i got home and took the drivers side of i saw the much bigger bose woofer. i was so confused i packed up for the night.....

Old 03-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Beginning Member

Ok so I have a new plan of attack.

I bought all new speakers for the truck. I'm putting alpine type s components in the front and alpine type s 2 way in the rear. I'm running all new wire front to back. Then i'll finish them off with a alpine 4 channel 4x75 amp. So i'm getting rid of all bose stuff including the head unit and cd changer. I'm going to put a ps2 in place of the changer in the center consol. Hope to have this finished this weekend along with the new navigation double din

Old 03-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Beginning Member
Thumbs up

Well I'm almost done with my install.

Heres what i've done.

Removed all the factory BOSE speakers, deck and CD changer. I left the amp bolted in but its all unhooked. Ran all new 12 gauge wiring from the rear doors and front doors. Installed alpine type S 6.5 2 ways in the rear doors, I put alpine type S 6.5 components the front doors and 1'' tweeters the the dash. Custom made some brackets to install the double din JVC Navigation stereo, bought A DASH BEZAL from a 03 blazer and with in 20 min it was in! Only problem is my interior is tan and the bezal is gray. I'll try and track down a tan. Ran 4 gauge wiring from battery to rear. Installed 1 12'' typr R 4ohm DVC. Hooked up to a alpine M500 mono block.

The only thing left is to buy an alpine 4 channel for the speakers and get a new sub box. The one i have is about to fall apart but it HAMMERS like mad. I have the amp on half and at 3/4 deck volume my wipers no longer touch the winshield and my rear view mirrior is usless with its pounding

Anyway thanks for listening!

Attached Thumbnails Need some info/help-b-049.jpg   Need some info/help-b-053.jpg   Need some info/help-b-051.jpg