Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

New dash speakers don't work

Old 05-09-2009, 09:15 AM
65longroof is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy New dash speakers don't work

Ok I have read till my were crossed. Here is the situation, I replaced the 4x6 dash speakers(tweeters) with PYLE PL463BL speakers and I get nothing. Now when I install a stereo I try not to cut the main harness jst to keep things clean and easier to disassemble if necessary. So what I did was cut the speaker harness from the tweeter(with resistor or capcitor or whatever it is still attached) and put new ends on to attach to the new speakers. Should I have removed the resistor or whatever it is from the speaker harness? The box says they have a 4ohm impedance.

Thanks guys.

I will probably try removing that thing later just in case.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

take off the capacitor.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:02 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Yup, I replaced my stock tweeters with Inifinity plate speakers. I cut the resistor (or whatever it is) off along with the tweeters and the new speakers worked fine