Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

New to forum...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 01:04 PM
John Dearrington is on a distinguished road
Default New to forum...

I am new here. I have a 1998 Blazer 4dr/4wd with 55K. It has the stock stereo w/cd in it with the separate cassette deck in the lower transmission hump console. My question is can I wire an auxiliary input into that cassette harness that will allow my phone to play through the system? I don't care about stereo controls for the phone, just the input.

Thanks in advance.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:06 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Interested....

Old 05-23-2019, 06:15 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Just get one of those cassette adapters that can plug into your phone. That's what we did back in the day to play our portable cd players through a cassette deck

Old 05-27-2019, 09:18 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

I did several years ago as Cleburne Red suggested.

Then I got an aftermarket stereo, and got rid of that tape cassette console. Love the extra storage space, and the Bluetooth capabilities.... Including hands free talking.

Another option is an am/fm transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter... Allows you to play stuff off a device directly on an unused radio station.

Old 05-29-2019, 09:56 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John Dearrington
I am new here. I have a 1998 Blazer 4dr/4wd with 55K. It has the stock stereo w/cd in it with the separate cassette deck in the lower transmission hump console. My question is can I wire an auxiliary input into that cassette harness that will allow my phone to play through the system? I don't care about stereo controls for the phone, just the input.

Thanks in advance.
Potentially you could wire that from the headphone jack of your phone, but problem is getting the radio to recognize that input. As I understand it, it is automatically recognized when a tape is played. This may help you understand. https://blazerforum.com/forum/audio-...nection-26163/

Another option might be a Bluetooth communication device. They make them for GM back to 1995, but they are $100 at Sonix Electronix and your radio has to be capable of controlling a remote CD player. I suppose I could help you research what radio has that capability if you are interested. I know a certain plug has to be present, but that does not guarantee compatablity.