Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

New Setup... I mounting need ideas

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 06:37 PM
shmew22 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok... due to the popularity of the tailgate idea i think i will attempt that... im thinkin i can run the power and other cables up under the jack cover and then into the tailgate inside some conduit. also... when i put the plexiglass on i would like the re logo etched in... how do i do that? Ive heard sandblasting will do it but dont know if itll work or not

Old 09-30-2009, 10:00 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

I found an website before that made custom plexi. They had different colors and you could have things etched in it. It wasnt too bad price wise either. Cant remember the site though

Old 09-30-2009, 11:35 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shmew22
what exactly do you have in mind with those tie down hooks?
Sorry about the delay, I have my sub MacGyver mounted to my tied-down points, but you'd need something more permanent. I have an aluminum bar with a strap at each end, one end has a hook (hooks onto the tie down mount) and the other end has the adjustable strap (so I can adjust ho tight it is). And I strapped my sub to that aluminum bar, now it doesn't turn or flip when arseholes cut me off. Everything's held together with rivets, I'll post up a picture if you want... actually I'll be putting one in my "build" thread lol.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:04 AM
svd85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shmew22
ok... due to the popularity of the tailgate idea i think i will attempt that... im thinkin i can run the power and other cables up under the jack cover and then into the tailgate inside some conduit. also... when i put the plexiglass on i would like the re logo etched in... how do i do that? Ive heard sandblasting will do it but dont know if itll work or not
I know you want it etched but it would be cheaper to cut all the way through (Prob could do it yourself). Plus, it will give the amps airflow so they won't overheat. If not, definitely look into putting a fan or something to get the airflow going. I've seen a lot of amps overhead due to people enclosing them. ... just an FYI

Old 10-01-2009, 09:54 AM

sweet.. thanks for the ideas... ill post up a build log when i get around to it. im just tryin to get my crap in order before i just jump into it... it wont be long hopefully

Old 10-01-2009, 12:12 PM
BF Veteran
jagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant futurejagblazer01 has a brilliant future

only this with mounting them in the tailgate is...what happens if you get rear ended?? thats the exact reason I didnt mount mine in the tailgate

Old 10-01-2009, 12:23 PM
svd85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jagblazer01
only this with mounting them in the tailgate is...what happens if you get rear ended?? thats the exact reason I didnt mount mine in the tailgate
Then you can just sue them for damages ... i guess your argument goes with pretty much anything you do to your car. something bad could always happen like someone stealing your car or it catching on fire, or a huge semi crashing into it. You just have to hope for the best and have fun with it.

Old 10-01-2009, 08:32 PM

yea... thats definately something to consider. But as stated above its the same with everything you do. ill weigh my options and see where to go from there... hopefully ill be getting this project underway soon.... thanks again guys