Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

New system ideas

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 02:04 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Yeah that's why I have the 75wx4 Because it puts out enough power to give me the bump that I want. I had the 1200 hooked up to a 15 and a put a big *** crack in my windshield... lol

Old 11-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

the problem with running longer wires from the amp to the sub is that you will get more noise in the system. i dont think there is enough room under the seats in yours anyway. i tried last night to mount my lil 400watt alpine under any seat just to get it out of sight and there was no way to mount it and have the seats fold. and under the fronts. forget that there is enough room for me to slide my lil hand under and thats it haha. you might have more room if you dont have power seats. just this was my experience with it

Old 11-06-2011, 08:57 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I have a power drivers seat, manual passenger. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning toward just running a small amp for interior speakers and not even dealing with subs anymore.

So, next question. Ignoring subs entirely, can I do a decent amp/speaker setup (interior speakers only) for about 400 bucks if I install it all myself? If so, ideas on what is good?

Old 11-06-2011, 11:03 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blazer_LT
the problem with running longer wires from the amp to the sub is that you will get more noise in the system. i dont think there is enough room under the seats in yours anyway. i tried last night to mount my lil 400watt alpine under any seat just to get it out of sight and there was no way to mount it and have the seats fold. and under the fronts. forget that there is enough room for me to slide my lil hand under and thats it haha. you might have more room if you dont have power seats. just this was my experience with it
The way I see it, either you are gonna run a bunch of wire from the Head Unit to the Amp, or from the Amp to the Subs lol.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:41 PM
Irocz327 will become famous soon enough

I don't know a ton about the 2doors but i'd assme you guys have the spot in the back to mount your jack & road side stuff. If so I was able to getta JL 300/4ch which isn't much bigger then BlazerChik's JL.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:23 AM

That is a great spot, I'll have to look into that when I start buying new parts.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Starting Member
mattjphoto is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Irocz327
I don't know a ton about the 2doors but i'd assme you guys have the spot in the back to mount your jack & road side stuff. If so I was able to getta JL 300/4ch which isn't much bigger then BlazerChik's JL.

I mounted my amp on the outside of the jack area so I'm still able to get into it.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:22 AM

I'd probably go inside the jack area so I can hide it. I'd rather people not see an amp and think I have something worth stealing.

How do I figure out what amp/speakers to get? I already replaced the door speakers, so I'd rather keep them, but I don't see pioneer's that have the same RMS for the rest?

Pioneer - 6-1/2" 2-Way Car Speakers with Composite IMPP Woofer Cones (Pair) - TS-G1644R That's what I already have.30W RMS, 180 peak.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:48 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_LT is on a distinguished road

if you wanna find cheap and good speakers hop on ebay. and start misspelling name brands and you can find some smokin deals. people will post them up in a hurry and leave a letter off or jumble the letters in the brand so when people search for them they dont see the ones that are jumbled. noone bids on it so you can bid cheap and get a smokin deal.

Old 11-07-2011, 06:53 PM

Not a bad idea, but I'd prefer new this time.

Quick Reply: New system ideas