Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Obtaining flawless music quality while appearing stock?

Old 09-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Beginning Member
TylerK10 is on a distinguished road
Default Obtaining flawless music quality while appearing stock?

I mainly want to be able to use my iPhone to play music via USB and have the music be clear, crisp, and loud, all while looking as stock and/or simple as possible. I am not a fan of glowing aftermarket stereos and tacky, hideous aftermarket speakers. I am, however, a fan of the sound that said parts are capable of producing.

If there's anyone else out there like me, which I'm sure there must be, what are some of my options?

Old 09-11-2011, 09:09 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i have seen some classic cars with stock radios in the dash and a hidden functional aftermarket concealed in the glove box, or console.
just a thought. i too am a fan of the simple mod/look. there is just something "clean" about it.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:13 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

without running some kind of processor or an aftermarket radio, you're going to be hard pressed to get the sound you're looking for. i don't mind the radio i have for looks and such and you cannot tell that i have speakers installed other than by their crisp sound.

its all personal preference though. stock radios are ugly to me. my pioneer is sexy, smooth and a perfect fit. you may think its tacky, its all your choice

Old 09-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

^ what he said....i have this radio Pioneer MVH-P7300 Digital media receiver at Crutchfield.com and i think it looks very clean. And the sound quality is great with some aftermarket speakers hidden in the doors. I haven't gone so far as subwoofers yet because i'm debating how i want to build the boxes and place the amps so that it looks clean/factory.