Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

OEM cd deck choked in 2003 Blazer! need advice. please.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:13 AM
Beginning Member
celchlepp is an unknown quantity at this point
Question OEM cd deck choked in 2003 Blazer! need advice. please.

Hi all,

My wife's '03 S10 blazer (4dr 4wd v6) is done playing CD's. plays radio okay, but says "CHECK CD" when there is nothing in there. So, do I have a dealer replace it for her or what? Whatever replaces the original head unit needs to be at least as simple as the original - she is no where NEAR a techie, and hates my radio in my Toyota truck (a Pioneer MP3 player/CD/CDRW you get the idea, but NOT DVD stuff. no thanks - don't need it don't want it).

I just went to Crutchfield (haven't visited that site for about 10 years) and took a quick look at their stuff. Please forgive my somewhat amateur stereo linguistics here, but if I recal from years ago these units were referred to as "double DIN chassis" right? as in the same size as two normal DIN size units stacked.

Please advise, and if anyone knows any reputable place to have this done in the Vermont area, please let me know. she's going to want this to change pert'near quick.

Thanks as always,
Chuck
p.s no, I apologize for not doing any legwork on this yet around here before coming to you, but you folks are so helpful and knowlegeable, that I didn't want to be wasting any time either.

Last edited by celchlepp; 04-04-2009 at 12:06 PM.