Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Off Road Lights.........

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 12:20 AM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of
Default Off Road Lights.........

SO I definitely have to say that I am very very disappointed with my KC Daylighter 150W sealed beam lights..... they suck to put it bluntly..... so I am replacing them with something else and mounting the daylighters to the front of a pontoon boat, that is after I have one of the bulbs replaced because it burnt out after 1 year of use....(luckily they have a warranty against burn out).... what I was really wondering is, have any of you had or do you currently have Pilot 100W 6" round off road lights.... they seem to be a good buy... let me know what you think of em.... I really want KC slimlites but I cant afford em...

or has anyone ever used these??? http://www.partsamerica.com/productd...egoryCode=3151

theyre only $17 each..... whould they be brighter than headlights??? at this price I could do 4,5, or 6 lights

also, what will be the easiest way to mount a couple lights to my roof rack??? im thinkin 2 on the brush guard and 3 on the roof rack???

Old 08-10-2007, 02:37 AM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Off Road Lights.........

For those it looks like your gonna have to drill the rack. Metal hose clamps worked great for me but it doesnt look like you can use those for the lights mentioned. Anyways, 2 on the brushguard is good.... unless you talk to drperry, haha. Also, def gotta go atleast 4 on the roof. IMO I think 3 would look weird. Probably cause I havent seen any trucks with just 3. As far as the lights go, I've never used them, but I have used otherPilot lights many times and have never had a problem, with lighting or durability.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:40 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

yea..... im thinkin ill just go with 2 on the roof.... cant really afford4 right now...

Old 08-10-2007, 01:24 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well for the cheap blazer equipment ones, those arent too bad. I got them on Dale and they work wellbut its pretty directional lightfor the most part and doesnt really pan out....but thats to be expected i guess. As for brightness, oh heck yeah are they brighter than my headlights. If i point them right i can light up most of my street for about a quarter mile or so.....just everyone gets mad when i do.

Old 08-10-2007, 06:04 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Just don't buy westin lights. They suck period. Mine don't even work anymore. After offroading once they stopped working. They are still on there but they don't do squat.

Old 08-10-2007, 11:32 PM

okay.... I went with pilot brand off road lights... they are actually brighter than my KC Daylighters.... I was amazed..... I put two on the roof with a suction/magnetic mount which is unbelieveably sturdy...lol anyways, here are some pics... sorry its so dark, and there is a river in the background.. the lights are on barges...

I think my truck looks like Mickey Mouse... lmao

couldnt take a pic looking dead on at the lights.... it just shows up as a big white blur.... but heres from the ground and the side...

the roof ones might make my truck look like mickey mouse but they add alot of light...... they are long range bulbs, and even on a street with street lights they are very very visible for about 1/4 mile.... havent got to see what they look like in total darkness on a strip mine yet tho...... ill let y'all know

Old 08-11-2007, 12:26 AM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

How'd you wire them if they are magnetic mount, does the mount stay there? Or can you put the magnetic mount anywhere?

Old 08-11-2007, 01:52 AM

i will take more pics and explain when I get a chance..lol im moving sunday so im kinda preoccupied with packing..

Old 08-11-2007, 12:46 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Lookin' good!

I'm running Jetco brand versions of that... They're working pretty good for me.. And yeah, KC's are way overrated these days, lol. 150 watt bulbs don't last... They just burn too hot, unless you only use 'em at highway speeds, they'll get toasty.

There's a Blazer around here that's got 3 on the roof, it looks not bad... Easy to spot, though, lol. Especially since he's got the housings painted to match the truck... I'll try and snag a pic sometime.

Did you run the wires through the doors? I don't know if there's any other options on a 4 door, unless you drill, or the 3rd brake light is the same as a 2 door...

Now we just need some pitch black comparisons from the drivers seat! lol

Old 08-11-2007, 03:33 PM

yea... ill take those pics tonight...lol and i dud run it down through the door and inside the weatherstripping.... I am going to get some high heat gas grill paint and paint the housings on my lights black... they are stainless now and they dont match the truck because everything else is black and white...

Quick Reply: Off Road Lights.........