Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Opinions and help wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 08:48 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road
Default Opinions and help wanted

Hey everyone, as some of you may know last fall I installed a complete alpine system in my 01 ZR2. This included a 12" alpine type r subwoofer. However now alpine came out with the new model of the sub and I was considering buying a pair of them. I would have to buy another alpine MRP-M500 amp to run the second one and would be making two custom fiberglass boxes. What do you guys think of this idea? Also how do I wire the two subs? Right now I have the sub wires coming off the speaker amp but with two wu amps do I just rub one RCA to each amp for left or right?

Thanks for the help and opinions!
-Derek

Old 05-08-2010, 11:29 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does that amp have two rca hook ups? Some have input and output. If I remember right input of cource is from the headunit, but output should let you run rcas from the first amp to the second. Then just run your power, ground, and I think you could just splice into the remote turn on for the first amp and run it to the second amp.

If not you can get a y adapter that will let you run two amps off one rca cable. Heres a link to a picture of what I'm talkin about. You can get em at radioshack, wal mart carries them if I remember right.
http://www.clearly-av.co.uk/images/g...XHA215-Y1F.jpg

That is the simplest option I can think of. If you got any other questions just ask.

Old 05-09-2010, 08:30 AM

It doesn't have an output on the sub amp...only the 4-channel speaker amp which is already going to the sub. So in that case I will probably end up buying a pair of those.

Do you know how to make it so that the amps are left or right wired

Old 05-10-2010, 01:18 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that one, I'm not %100 on. You mean the left amp runs only the left sounds, and the right amp only produces right sounds. Like balence? I don't understand why you'd want to try that. Maybe try taking your exsisting rca and putting one on one amp and the other end on the other amp. Don't know if thats safe or not. Like I said why are you wanting to do that? (no offence, just trying to figure it out so I can help ya )

Old 05-10-2010, 01:42 AM
Jisher is on a distinguished road

You could run your RCA's like normal but put 2 of these on the end before they plug into your amp.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2103638

The run 2 more RCA's to your other amp. This is what i gave to do for my xbox and i think it should work in this case.

Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by ImScrewed92
Now that one, I'm not %100 on. You mean the left amp runs only the left sounds, and the right amp only produces right sounds. Like balence? I don't understand why you'd want to try that. Maybe try taking your exsisting rca and putting one on one amp and the other end on the other amp. Don't know if thats safe or not. Like I said why are you wanting to do that? (no offence, just trying to figure it out so I can help ya )
I just thought it might be cool, but maybe it wouldn't even make a difference hah but thanks for the reponses

Old 05-10-2010, 10:58 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

hey, what model type R do you have? dual 2 or dual 4?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:47 AM

I have dual 4's and I plan on getting another

Old 05-11-2010, 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Why don't you just get another one and a monoblock that is capable of a 1 ohm load? i know alpine isn't one ohm stable but you can get another great amp capable or, get the alpine PDX 1000.1 which is 1000rms at 2 or 4 ohm although its a little bit pricey.

Old 05-11-2010, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by MTopper
Why don't you just get another one and a monoblock that is capable of a 1 ohm load? i know alpine isn't one ohm stable but you can get another great amp capable or, get the alpine PDX 1000.1 which is 1000rms at 2 or 4 ohm although its a little bit pricey.
what would an amp that is one ohm stable get me....edit: nvm

But if i wanted to get 2 dual 2 ohms and a 1 ohm stable amp what wattage would i need for the amp assuming each sub is 600w? would i need a 1200w amp that is 1 ohm stable?

Last edited by BlazerGuy2001; 05-11-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Opinions and help wanted