Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Ordering is done (Part 2) Installation!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 10:48 PM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ordering is done (Part 2) Installation!

Ok ordering is done. I bought the following:

Kicker Subs and Box ( 600w RMS @ 2 ohm)

Kicker amp (750w RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm)

I know its not a huge system, but from every single review I read about that box I havnt found one person who was disapointed. Some said the thing was so loud it made the screws on their liecense plates unscrew. Others said when they were at stop lights their friends in a car over could feel their car shaking. So I am pretty pumped. All I need now is help with how to wire up the amp to the subs. What way should I wire it?

Old 01-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Ordering is done (Part 2) Installation!

cant see either item. Says invalid item. need what is model numbers to give you exact directions.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:56 PM

Sorry, it is fixed now Pat

Old 01-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Administrator

all you have to do is run a length of speaker wire from the terminals on the sub to the terminals on the amp. only one set on each.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:31 PM

I know but my amp is a mono amp. So are you saying run speaker wire from each sub to that one terminal on the amp?

Also the auction says the voice coil is dual, but I didnt think these subs were DVC? If thats not ture then that would mean the subs are Dual 2 ohm subs? Wouldnt that change the wiring then?

Is this picture the way I want to wire it:

Old 01-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Administrator

you do not have to do any of that wiring. THe Box has one terminal on it. both speakers are wired to that single terminal, resulting in a 2 ohm load. hook that directly to your amp.

Your SUBSlook at the pic. that is your terminal. note on the auction for the subs that the final impedance is 2 ohms

Old 01-04-2007, 12:05 AM

Ok now that I know how to wire it up. How should I configure the amp. I have THIS HU
so what would I need to set my gain at and my frequency for this sub box?

Old 01-04-2007, 12:29 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I just do what ever sounds best to me......since its my system.......

It can be difficult to properly set the gain, but im sure i saw a how to some where......I think to properly set the gain they use some sort of device.......and for frequency.........what is the box tuned to? for sealed 80hz is genereally the starting place....

Old 01-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Administrator

Do you have access to test tones??? this website has them for free download.Test tones just download it and copy it 15 times and burn on to a cd to have time to set your gain. You need a dmm (voltmeter with capability of AC current, can buy at walmart or radioshack for 20 bucks) to set your gain on your amp, put all bass and everything on cd player at 0. Your output voltage for that amp is 38.7 v. put your possitive lead in positive terminal on amp, and negative in negative terminal (speaker terminals) put your gain at zero and play the 50 hz test tone. slowly adjust your gain up until you hit that majic number of 38.7 v.
if you turn gain up past that you can kill your amp and or speakers.

Subsonic filter at 10. turn LPF on. as for cd laer, you shouldn't have to mess with anything on the deck setting wise. if you start cranking up the bass on it, you are gng to send a distorted signal to your amp, not good.

Old 01-04-2007, 12:48 AM
00blackblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

to set the gain i always turn my hu volume up to where i will be listening to the music. then increase your gain until the subs sound good without distorting.

Quick Reply: Ordering is done (Part 2) Installation!