Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Ordering is done (Part 2) Installation!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 01:01 AM
nofear17bmx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Ordering is done (Part 2) Installation!

Ok so I download the 50hz test tone and then copy it 15 times to my cd. This actually doesnt sound hard to do, but how come everyone else that adjusts the gain by ear havnt blow their amps and subs? Also once I do all this can I use the bass controler they give you? I want to be able to use this really bad so I can have the deep bass when I want it and light bass when I am not in the mood for a headache.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:10 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

that is the best way to set your gain on your amp. you can use the remote, once you set the gain, it won't harm anything.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

oh man! $199+shipping for the kicker=shoulda got the hifonics for twice the wattage and 1 ohm stability

oh! and the 'fade' option on decks do wonders for dimming the bass, just in case you have a headach

Old 01-04-2007, 11:47 PM

I would have gone with the hifonics but I dont want to end up blowing my subs the first time I crank it up. This amp retails at CC for $500, what if I brought it back to them for a return acting like I bought it there? I know they would ask for the reciept, but wouldnt they have to give me store credit?

Also, is there anything else I should know when I install my amp and sups/configure them?

Old 01-05-2007, 12:15 AM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

ORIGINAL: nofear17bmx

This amp retails at CC for $500, what if I brought it back to them for a return acting like I bought it there? I know they would ask for the reciept, but wouldnt they have to give me store credit?
<----- Just shaking my head............

Old 01-05-2007, 12:19 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

true....600 each might be a little excessive. before the warrenty was up on my R's i ran them as hard as i could on the 501.......and i only smelt coil........I gotta give alpine a thumbs up on making some durable sh*t

*edit* oops, its actually 550 each.....according to hifonics anyway....

Old 01-05-2007, 12:36 AM

This isnt a huge system but since kicker made the box specificly for those subs it sounds pretty good from the reviews I have read. People set alarms off with the, cars next to you shake, etc....if it can really do that then thats plenty loud enough for me.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:11 PM

I am kind of worried about my system I bought. I dont didnt want anything that will break my rear glass or anything lol so I bought this setup. From the reviews this thing is still insanly loud so thats good enough for me. I went to work today and told some of my buddies what I bought and they all thought I was retarted for buying kicker. Isnt kicker a respectable brand? All of them told me I should have gone with JL audio, yea they are nice...but so isnt kicker?

Old 01-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Kicker is very well respected as well as JL. Both companies make great products. With that said, you can get similar/better products from other companies for cheaper.

Old 01-06-2007, 08:26 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

this wont break anything in the truck. Kicker is great, JL is as well, just overpriced IMO.

Quick Reply: Ordering is done (Part 2) Installation!