Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Overhead console

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Bigsby is on a distinguished road
Default Overhead console

I have a 2000 blazer and i would like to somehow hardwire my radar detector into my overhead console. Has anyone done this? Im not even sure how to go about getting into the console. Would this be more trouble than its worth? I already have it hardwired into the fuse box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So you would be mounting your radar detector into the overhead console or mounting it to the windshield normally, but hard wiring the power?

If you are just hard wiring the power into the radar detector, then that is fairly easy. I would get some primary wire (has two wires inside of a sheath) and run it under the dash. Black to ground, red to the radio power wire with like a 5A fuse. No need to open up the overhead console, just tuck the wires up above the headliner and remove the A pillar trim to put the wires behind it.