Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

peping tom

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 06:44 PM
SmokeU is an unknown quantity at this point
Default peping tom

so my dad is worried that if people look into the back of my truck that there gona see and steal my new subs that i just installed so now he wants to install like a cover or something thats gona block the view of them from above...

2 questions will something like that rattle around and be anoying cuz thats what i thought

and the other thing is couldent i just tint them with like the stuff that limos use or something? i really dont want to put that cover thing on there (if one exsists even)

Old 01-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: peping tom

What state do you live in?

Most states allow any tints for the back window, so you can do 5% limo and no one will see them!

Old 01-07-2008, 06:51 PM

Wisconsin

Old 01-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Wisconsin only allows 50 percent light not very dark at all. maybe something like the cargo covers in some cars.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

Your law says 35% on the back windows...bummer

http://www.tintcenter.com/laws/WI/

The only other thing would be put a blanket over it?

Or you could try to find a trunk liner that allows you to cover from the top of the seats to the window with a liner.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:22 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: SmokeU

so my dad is worried that if people look into the back of my truck that there gona see and steal my new subs that i just installed so now he wants to install like a cover or something thats gona block the view of them from above...

2 questions will something like that rattle around and be anoying cuz thats what i thought

and the other thing is couldent i just tint them with like the stuff that limos use or something? i really dont want to put that cover thing on there (if one exsists even)
you can get a piece of wood like they make the boxes out of( forget the name mpf or something) and carpet it and lay it over the top( supporting it up and off the sub box obviously) Or get a piece of 600 denier nylon( boat cover material) and stretch that over the top of the rear fenderwells, its very lightweight and does NOT dampen the sound at all and wont rattle. But as far as the rear tint, im quite sure you as an individual can get away with it being 2.5-5% in the rear, I painted my rear window black and never got hasselled in wisconSIN or Illinois( and we all know illinois is the ****tiest state in the union next to cali)

Old 01-07-2008, 07:34 PM
tonkpils is an unknown quantity at this point

dude my blazer has a cover thing i can just pull over. does yours not have that?

Old 01-07-2008, 07:42 PM
cloak01ls is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe they all came with the option for a cargo concealer. All the blazers ive seen have the hooks in the back where it sits. You can probably order one from GM...

Old 01-07-2008, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

idk if the two doors have it but like tonkpils, mine already has a cover that stretches across from the drivers side over to the passenger side.

depending on what you use, it could rattle a ton. my stock cargo cover is held on with plastic tabs and washer things that are broken and it is BY FAR the most annoying thing in my truck. it rattles while idling. i have tried countless times to stop it but it comes back after a few days anyway

Old 01-07-2008, 07:55 PM

no mine has nothing like that stock in there

but yeah if i can i will go with the tinting and just see what happens