Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

peping tom

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 08:07 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: peping tom

My 2dr has the slots for the cover to fit into on the right hand side, but alas, no cover. I think it's a completely different tire/jack panel that incorporates the cargo cover.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:04 PM
Mr Blazer LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Some thieves see tinted windows as a very big bullseye for valuable equipment within. Just a thought to consider.

If I was worried about getting my subs stolen, I would bolt them down using a different screw on each side that would require a different wrench on each so its that much harder to take, a quality alarm system, and a cover to cover them when not driving if I felt it was really necessary. What's a cover alone gonna do? Bass usually makes noise and attracts attention anyway, right? The way I see it, if someone really wants to steal your subs, they're gonna get your subs if they try hard and long enough so why not take all necessary precautions instead of one?

Old 01-07-2008, 09:09 PM
ltown21 is an unknown quantity at this point

if I put the cover over my box and turn it up moderatly it rattles like no other! but I usually uncover them when i drive

Old 01-08-2008, 02:24 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

What I would honestly do and it would take more to do it is make your box not look like a sub box at all. Take a piece of mdf ( sub box wood) carpet it the same as your box but make it a cover plate to cover your subs, then take hinges and drill them in visibly, voila looks more like a tool storage box then a sub box!! Just an idea for you to also consider!!

Old 01-08-2008, 07:42 AM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

idk if the two doors have it but like tonkpils, mine already has a cover that stretches across from the drivers side over to the passenger side.

depending on what you use, it could rattle a ton. my stock cargo cover is held on with plastic tabs and washer things that are broken and it is BY FAR the most annoying thing in my truck. it rattles while idling. i have tried countless times to stop it but it comes back after a few days anyway
Go to your local Home Depot and buy yourself two small fine thread bolts, a couple washers, two wingnuts, and some super glue and you'll have that rattling problem fixed in no time. If you want, I can take a pic of mine for you to see.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:12 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i did the same thing but the plastic cracks, most of the rattling is coming from the very back of the car on the cover. theres a plastic thing near the brake light and the whole plastic pillar movesand squeaks. im gonna try and drill some holes and do try to bolt it down again. its hard to explain what it did but the plastic cracked in a way where a bolt wont really help all that much