Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Possible Alpine speaker setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2005, 10:10 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible Alpine speaker setup

So my older brother knows someone who works at bestbuy, and he can get me some Alpine speakers for about forty five bucks a pair. Money not being a factor, i would like to know if this is a good setup. I haven't been dissapointed with the stock audio in my 03 blazer, but i think thats a hell of a deal. I wouldn't change the dash radio, just the speakers. Also, what is involved in the install on those? Also, is this the right size for my 03 2dr blazer ls? Thanks all.

Old 11-25-2005, 01:48 AM
2001blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Possible Alpine speaker setup

hey alpine is a great setup what type s or r and the right size for the blazer is 6.5 at least it is in my 2001

Old 11-25-2005, 05:01 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

alpine is a really good setup. and go to www.crutchfield.com to see if thats the right size.

Old 11-26-2005, 12:08 AM

Ok, thanks a lot guys.

Old 11-27-2005, 04:29 AM
Beginning Member
mobileaudio219 is an unknown quantity at this point

Even off the stock deck the alpines will sound better than the stockers - no matter the series.

Old 11-28-2005, 10:51 PM

Yeah, i'm gonna do that. I put the order in for the speakers today, i'm getting pumped up for it. I'm a little worried about the instal though. I've never done any audio work, this is my first car, and i want to be carefull. Any suggestions/ tips on making it go smooth? I'm a real technical thinker, and as far as i can see, the basic procedure is to remove the door panel, take the old speaker out, plug the new one in, drill new holes, screw it in, and put the door panel back on. Is this correct? Also, i have heard that the door panel removal/installation is the trickiest part of the whole thing. Any pointers? Thanks much.

Old 12-04-2005, 10:47 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Canadian88

So my older brother knows someone who works at bestbuy, and he can get me some Alpine speakers for about forty five bucks a pair. Money not being a factor, i would like to know if this is a good setup. I haven't been dissapointed with the stock audio in my 03 blazer, but i think thats a hell of a deal. I wouldn't change the dash radio, just the speakers. Also, what is involved in the install on those? Also, is this the right size for my 03 2dr blazer ls? Thanks all.
if your not going to replace your stereo with an aftermarket deck, dont waste the money on speakers

Old 12-05-2005, 12:35 AM
2000ZR2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alpine speakers are really good but they would sound alot better with an amp and headunit

Old 12-05-2005, 10:42 PM

I really didn't want to spend a whole lotta dough, because i'm not really dissatisfyed with the stock setup, it's just that on some of my favorite, real heavy bass doors song, (soul kitchen especially), the speaker makes a rattle, and it's such a good deal, and my older bro is gonna end up giving them to me for xmas.

Old 12-06-2005, 01:36 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: FatRyan

if your not going to replace your stereo with an aftermarket deck, dont waste the money on speakers
I agree...pointless unless you get a new deck. Plus, you can get a decent deck to go along with it for a reasonable price. I bought mine for under $140 (with a discount, so it was actually about $180 retail). It's doesn't have to be top of the line, but with what you are planning on doing, it will still make a difference I think.

Quick Reply: Possible Alpine speaker setup