Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Premier?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 12:14 AM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Premier?

Infiniti Kappa speakers are nice, mine suck but that's cause i'm powering them off the headunit, I also really like Alpine's headunits, the Alpine 9883 seems to be a pretty sweet deal @ $199.00, I wouldn't know what to get as for subs and amps. Hillbilly will help ya .

Infiniti kappa:
6x9 = $99
6.5 = $99

Alpine 9883:
$199
[align=left] [/align]

Old 05-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

Ok, here is one setup right before I go to bed.

Kicker zx200.2 for amp for front stage $120 (mainstreet-audio (new)
elemental Designs eDI-6000s $145 (www.edesignaudio.com) (6.5 inch compinents for fronts)
Infinity 9612I 6x9's from ebay $70 bucks shipped
sub amp refurbished Kicker ZX750.1 (have friends that have bought this amp with no problems) $200 shipped (shop.com)
Alpine Type R 12 SWR-1242D (dual 4 ohm version) wired in parallel to 2 ohms ($120) etronics.com
3.2 cubic feet box made out of 3/4 inch MDF tuned to 30 hz (35 bucks in wood, screws and glue)
Rockford fosgate 4 gauge amp kit with RCA's $43 (ebay)
Stinger 4ga to dual 4ga distrobution block $15 bucks

total 698.00

Old 05-07-2007, 02:34 PM
fuzzball447 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, thorough list there hillbilly, I really appreciate it. Now I know yur gonna hate me for this but what if I said some of this stuffmight bea little over my head?

Old 05-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Administrator

In what way? Let me know. We can get you through this!

Old 05-07-2007, 09:28 PM

Hold my hand please! lol
Okay,
-amp for the front stage?
-figure i'll just start with the speakers for now, should I just disconnect the dash speakers? and if so how do I do it?
-not really sure if I wanna be doing this by myself, if I bring the stuff to an installer will they put it in?

Old 05-07-2007, 09:32 PM
nick is an unknown quantity at this point

if you live close to Pat I would just have him do it for you and see if you cant watch it would be a good learning experiance for you

Old 05-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Not a problem. Anytime i put a sub in a car I at least try to amp at least the front speakers. The backs usually get sorta drowned out with a sub.

For the speakers. you can just undo the two screws on top of that dash at each speaker, and disonnect the wiring.

Door panels are pretty easy. One screw in door handle. Two 7mm bolts under the arm rest/door pull. then just unsnap the door panel. Left door positive is tan, gray is neg. Right door is Light green +, dark green -.

Yes, you can do it yourself, or you can pay an arm and a leg to have someone else do it. If you want, I can even give you my phone number if you have any problems.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:18 PM
DankBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

[align=left]It really is a good learning experience to D.I.Y, I didn't know much at all about installing stereos / taking apart cars, I still don't know much about installing amps or subs, but I can take apart most door panels and dashboards now, and install speakers, not that it's much of an accomplishment, but it's a good thing to have a little knowledge on, I can't wait to finish my stereo, learn the rest.
[/align][align=left] [/align]

Old 05-09-2007, 01:11 PM

Now when you say "unsnap the door panel" it sounds so simple... I tried it today and I felt like I was gonna break it.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

When you have the proper tools, it is simple. You really need to get an interior panel pry bar to do it correctly without breaking things.

Alittle overkill, but --> Master Door Panel Tool Set - Eastwood.com

Click on the other items at the bottom for cheaper sets. The nylon set looks nice. The one I have I believe I purchased from Advanced Auto and is steel with a screw driver handle on it. Hasn't let me down, but it needs help getting behind the panel sometimes.