Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Protection happy

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 01:18 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Protection happy

no, not yet.....I still havent sent it in. In fact I dont even really know how since I've never sent a package before

Do I just take it to UPS and they package it up for me and everything?

im not really in a huge hurry either cuz im waiting on a box from pat........hopefully everything is going well for him.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:05 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Generally, you call or email the people who made it, and tell them that it pooped out, and they'll give you a reference number so they can keep track of it for ya, and they'll tell you everything ya need to know.

Old 08-13-2007, 04:46 PM
BF Veteran

Ya, I talked to the owner and I have the shipping address on the manual.

He just said send er in.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:08 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Ahhhh

Good luck! hope it doesn't take too long!

Also, as for the fuse... If you can't find any above a certain amperage (around here, the biggest I could find was a 60) you can always wire two of them in paralell... Say you take your two 60 amp fuses, wired them together, and you'll have a 120 amp fuse...

Old 08-13-2007, 06:19 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

In case you arent familiar (or if anyone else is inqiring) the following is a basic diagram of how series fuses work vs parallel. If im wrong on any of this (hey im a little rusty so i might screw up) please correct me.

Parallel: The source is split 2 ways with a 60amp fuse on each leg. The best way to think of this is you got a garden hose with a y pipe to 2 smaller hoses. Each one has a set flow capacity. You then have them to another y pipe that joins them together. The result is their combined flow. Here is a crude diagram of how that works

----60a-----
Alt/batt ====< >==== Amp
----60a-----
Result: 120amp Fuse

Series: (this is the part im a little fuzzy on)Two 60a fuses are hooked up in line with one another. In series the resistance is determined by the fuse with the most resistance. In the case here if 2 60amp fuses are used there is no drop below 60amps nor a raising above. However say you have a 60amp and a 20amp hooked up, the 20 amp will be the limit point. Using garden hose again here, you have the main hose, you connect a smaller hose, you connect yet an even smaller hose, your flow is limited by that smallest hose. Now if the smaller hoses are the same then the flow doesnt change.

Alt/Batt ====60a Fuse===60a Fuse==== Amp

Result: 60 amp Fuse

Old 08-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Send it in already. You don't want to be waiting on it when you get your new box in. =)

Old 08-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Beginning Member
ali1 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

while driving.......it would get just under the 14 volt line...........at idle it would go half way in between last and 2nd last lines.....................but that was really driving it........it says the amp is like 83% effiecient.......has to be higher than my alpine.

from what your telling us, your voltage seems fine, although the info you told us don't explain much because we don't know what increments your gauge is set at.

Definately seems like an amp problem. Sundown stopped warranting those amps @ .5ohms because many people kept running those amps @ .5 w/ a stock electrical system.....If you just swapped amps, and the alpine worked, then it seems like the 1500d is faulty. hope everything goes well

btw, what alpine model do u have?

Old 08-15-2007, 01:43 PM
BF Veteran

an MRD-M501

550rms

Old 08-16-2007, 01:26 PM
BF Veteran

alright, its sent now.....maybe I'll get a nice shiney new one!

Old 09-01-2007, 10:54 AM
BF Veteran

Well I got my new 1500D in friday night and put it in.

now alls I need is 1/0 wiring and a new box!

145db here I come

Quick Reply: Protection happy