Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Quick Tip: Add anti-slip mat to the single-din storage compartment -

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 03:39 AM
ChevyBlazer4uHaters is on a distinguished road
Default Quick Tip: Add anti-slip mat to the single-din storage compartment -

Posted this in another thread, but here it is just in case you haven't seen it...

A while ago, I found an easy solution to a small problem I was having with items constantly slipping/falling from the storage compartment of my single-din head unit setup:

I have seen these:

Non-Slip Dash Mat made by Custom Accessories

sold at Walmart and Walgreens. They are under $4, and work great when used as directed: keeping stuff from sliding off your dash! But...I found they are easily able to be resized or customized to your liking. I did not have to cut much off mine to size it to fit my compartment, but every head unit kit will be different, obv.

Another plus - no adhesive or glue is needed to keep the mat in place - makes installation a breeze!! Simply cut down to size, and fit into place on the bottom part of the compartment.

Maybe most of you are already doing this, or something similar, idk...just bored...I guess.....

You're welcome