Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 09:31 PM
1992ChevyBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default Radio Problems

Hello All,

Ran into a problem with my radio today.

I took the plow mount off my truck and turns out they had wired the radio into the plow witch was wired into the ignition... instead of the radio fuse.. To me I thought It was stupid..

anywho. I got 12.44 volts on the main power wire when the ignition is turned to the on/run or accessory and 0 when in the off position

I got 5.32 volts on the memory wire and that's using the harness ground.

The problem is, The radio didn't have a problem before I messed with the plow and now it will not turn on.

15amp radio fuse is good, 30 amp ignition fuse is good, 7.5amp on radio fuse is good. And it is getting power. But it will not turn on, will not do anything

Radio is a boss 637 UA... I know boss isn't that great but I had just bought the radio in march...

Old 06-09-2014, 10:06 AM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

The memory wire is the main power wire. Think of an aftermarket amplifier with it's BATT +, Ground - and remote. The (typically) Yellow memory wire is the BATT +, the Black wire is of course the Ground -, and the Red wire is the remote. The HU isn't going to turn on without a full 12v on the memory wire. You're going to need to look at all your connections, fuses, etc. and try to figure out why you only have a little over 5v on that wire. Once you get 12v back on that yellow memory wire the HU should power right back up.