Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Removing Aftermarket CD Player?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 01:22 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

The dash ones are easier to replace than the doors, but you'll get better bang for your buck by replacing the door speakers. The dash are a 4x6 sized slot, so it's hard to get decent sound reproduction from there, as well as the sound reflecting off the windshield right there which accents the high notes (think harsh tinny sound). The door speakers are a 6.5" speaker, and a good speaker there will be produce much better and more even full-range sound than any dash speaker.

Old 05-24-2013, 03:59 PM
rexazz2 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by phxjosh
I have some flat metal shims I can use, thanks for the advice guys. I am going to take it out today and wire in a new one. Then I am moving on to the speakers.

Which speakers are the easiest to replace? I was thinking the dash or doors.
if you use the same brand head unit it should be plug and play

that being said when I removed mine because of squeeking and rattling in the dash I redid the PO's wiring LOL

Old 05-24-2013, 04:13 PM
Starting Member
phxjosh is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by El_Beautor
The dash ones are easier to replace than the doors, but you'll get better bang for your buck by replacing the door speakers. The dash are a 4x6 sized slot, so it's hard to get decent sound reproduction from there, as well as the sound reflecting off the windshield right there which accents the high notes (think harsh tinny sound). The door speakers are a 6.5" speaker, and a good speaker there will be produce much better and more even full-range sound than any dash speaker.
That makes sense, I think I will do the doors first. I need to pull the passenger door apart anyway to fix the window motor.

Originally Posted by rexazz2
if you use the same brand head unit it should be plug and play

that being said when I removed mine because of squeeking and rattling in the dash I redid the PO's wiring LOL
Good idea, I might try to see what brand is in there and just get one the same brand.

Thanks.