Audio/Video Electronics Wired up? If you have some sort of A/V modification let's hear about it here. Discussion of stock electrical problems should be done in the 'Lighting & Electrical' section.

Replacing the stock stereo: everything I need to know

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Beginning Member
TylerK10 is on a distinguished road

I finally got my Blazer after months of waiting (long story), and one of the first things I want, need, rather, to do, is replace the stock stereo with the Sony I have in my other truck. I've already looked at some other threads on how to go about removing the original but I'm still pretty confused.

What I'd like to know is how exactly I get the stereo out and what will no longer work with the aftermarket deck (door chiming, blinker sound, radio controls on the steering wheel, etc.) Also, to get these things to still work (assuming they won't), what will I need to buy? And generally speaking, what else will I need to buy (dash kit, additional wiring, etc.)? Anything else I should know would be greatly appreciated.

Blazer Dash Bezel How To - YouTube

Just came across this video so now I pretty much know how to do it. Now I just need to know what I'll need to buy. Also, are all dash kits that would fit my truck the same? Is it going to be something like the deck on the top half and an empty slot for a phone/wallet under it? Should I look for a specific brand?

Last edited by swartlkk; 09-22-2011 at 06:54 AM. Reason: *COMBINING CONSECUTIVE POSTS* Please use the edit function to add additional information to your post if another member has yet to reply.