Lowering Tech This section is for suspension questions related to decreasing the ride height of your vehicle.

What is everything I need to buy/know to lower my 2dr 2wd Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Canadian88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is everything I need to buy/know to lower my 2dr 2wd Blazer?

I want to lower my Blazer about 2-3 inches and Ineed to know what parts and knowledge I need to accomplish this. So farI've gathered thatI needlowering blocks and C bolts to do the back, and coils/spindles andshocks for the front.

-Would it be better to get a kit, or just get the individual pieces of the kit?
-Do I need to get spindles for the front, what's the advantage, is it worth the extra money?
-Is this something that a mechanically inclined person can do himself?
-What are some shocks that will perform well, and last,at a good price?

I've been browsing the LMC truck catalogue and see some kits and parts in there, I would probably just order from that, it's all Belltech stuff.

Also, I'd love to see someone's blazer lowered about 2-3 inches if you have any pics...doesn't even have to be your truck

Old 10-15-2007, 06:30 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: What is everything I need to buy/know to lower my 2dr 2wd Blazer?

get a lowering kit its a better deal plus its enginered to work together check out ground force lowering kits,belltech depending on how low you want to lower yours will depend on how far you want to go with components drop spindles are mainly used for hamering out your blaze if you want to do like a 3/4 drop or bagging it but if you just want a 2/3 drop then drop blocks and springs is all your going to need.

Old 03-09-2008, 11:47 PM
drop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: What is everything I need to buy/know to lower my 2dr 2wd Blazer?

To do it right, buy 2" drop coils for the front and 3" drop leafs for the rear. Blocks ride like crap. You will be MUCH happier with new leafs in the rear. You could run spindles in the front instead, which keeps the stock ride, but coils are cheaper and will stiffen the ride a hair for better handling. You will probably want to run new shocks and may have to cut the bumpstops in the rear. Just be sure that you don't want to go lower. 2-3" isn't very much. My old s-10 which was static dropped was 4 front 5 rear and I loved it.